Job Title: Retail Inventory / Logistic Officer
Location: Ikeja , Lagos
- Responsible for monitoring all inventory transactions and movements.
- Ensure the completeness and accuracy of the cost of inventory.
- Receive, store and issue goods.
- Record and track stock levels.
- Maintain a close eye on any stock taken from the shop floor and always collaborate with Product Replenishment.
- Maintain daily stock records using manual or computerized systems.
- Check supplies against invoice and purchase orders.
- Keep records of items shipped, received, or transferred to another location.
- Compile reports on various aspects of changes in production or inventory.
- Devise ways to optimize inventory control procedures.
- Inspect the levels of business supplies and raw material to identify shortages.
- Ensure product stock is adequate for all distribution channels and can cover direct demand from customers.
- Record daily deliveries and shipments to reconcile inventory.
- Use software to monitor demand and document characteristics of inventory.
- Place orders to replenish stock avoiding insufficiencies or excessive surplus.
- Collaborate with warehouse employees and other staff to ensure business goals are met.
- Organize and coordinate periodic physical inventory counts and highlight variances to the manager and auditor.
- Provide information on stock level and make purchase request.
- Inspect all supplies to ensure it’s in line with company standards, ensure appropriate storage.
- Maintain all inventory records, post accordingly on daily basis and produce weekly and monthly inventory reports.
- Reconcile stock issuance with Audit assistants on daily basis.
- Carry out valuation of stock after each count and identify obsolete or disused stock for disposal and write-off.
- Revalue inventory at the new approved standard rates on a periodic basis.
- Report to upper management on stock levels, issues monthly etc.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the manager, top Management.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related field and 4+ years of experience in an inventory role. Having an inventory experience in a retail store is very essential
- Understands the principles of FIFO , LIFO etc.
- Have an excellent use of computer and office technology.
- Demonstrates ability to use inventory software.
- Exhibits strong leadership skills.
- Pays close attention to detail.
- Possesses strong organizational skills.
- Is able to read, interpret, and explain sales and inventory reports.
- Communicates clearly and effectively.
- Exhibits excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrates ability to think creatively and strategically.
- Manages time effectively.
- Works well with a team.
- Possesses broad knowledge of store products and holdings.
- Exhibits strong problem-solving skills.
- Possesses physical strength necessary to lift and move inventory.
Remuneration is competitive along with other benefits.
15th February, 2023.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Experience Level Senior/Experienced
- Years Of Experience 3-5
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND