Retail Operations Manager
Location: Sabo, Yaba, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Retail Operations Manager will effectively lead, manage and develop overall store operations and team members to:
- Execute best practices and maximize sales and profitability;
- Create a shopping and working environment that exemplifies the company’s commitment to service, quality and neighborhood partnership; and
- As well as create strong company standards by identifying and developing individuals’ skills and abilities.
- Communicate and lead teams to deliver the company’s vision, goals, expectations and policies while maintaining open communication channels for ideas, suggestions and feedback.
- Empower teams to deliver a great shopping experience.
- Delegate authority, responsibility and accountability to managers and create a coordinated, motivated team.
- Demonstrate and role model exceptional customer service exceeding customer expectations; ensure team members greet, assist, provide efficient service and thank customers in a prompt, courteous, friendly and business-like manner in order to promote the company’s image as a service-oriented operation.
- Analyze Profit and loss (P&L) for business opportunities and create appropriate action plans / strategies; evaluate store conditions and operations to determine strengths and areas for improvement; reinforce strengths while developing and implementing improved practices and procedures.
- Monitor and analyze the internal and external business environment and manage each store’s competitive response.
- Communicate with the Executive Director on the status/progress of store, groceries, bakery and butchery sales.
- Manage the fiscal budget, inventory, shrink, expenses including labour and supply management and cash control with a high level of integrity, urgency and responsibility.
- Maximize sales and profits by ensuring effective display and sales techniques, efficient ordering, scheduling and work planning with department managers and team members.
- Ensure each store’s department and merchandising reflects the preferences of the local customer base and overall value message.
- Manage facility assets including promptly addressing maintenance and safety issues and daily maintenance of floor conditions.
- Ensure store operations are consistent with all aspects of federal, state and company health, safety and sanitation codes.
- Liaise with HR Department to recruit, interview and hire the best-qualified applicants through pro-active and consistent recruitment techniques, within company established compensation guidelines; ensure new team members receive proper orientation and training.
- Manage, support and develop managers through feedback, reward, and recognition; conduct weekly meetings to discuss stores’ progress, financial results, recommendations and training enhancements.
- Measure team member results and conduct regular evaluations of direct and indirect reports; evaluate management team and store team members to determine areas that require additional training.
- Manage with a positive leadership style, provide an open door atmosphere and ensure fair and consistent treatment in employment decisions and in administrating discipline, to promote positive team member morale.
- Train and coach store managers on all KPIs, product processing, customer service, product knowledge, suggestive selling, safety and sanitation; ensure department managers effectively communicate and train their department team members.
- Provide guidance in product and supply ordering, equipment setup, department organization and vendor assistance.
- Use initiative, ingenuity, creativity and good judgment to act on opportunities and issues as they occur within each store location; teach and advise store manager on sound decision-making principles and application in daily operations.
- Demonstrate a thorough and continually updated knowledge of store operations and seasonal and market trends in order to provide expertise and assistance to all departments.
- Ensure each location is properly stocked and merchandised in accordance with the needs of the community; educate team members on the effect of market area conditions and seasonal variations on product and sales.
- Establish and maintain a professional working relationship with customers, team members, companies, vendors, suppliers and regulatory agencies.
- Ensure all policies, programs and directives are communicated to the requisite department at the Head Office and executed in a positive and timely manner.
- Drive the process of seasonal planning and budgeting.
- Efficient management of merchandise category sections within each store.
- Responsible for maintaining an acceptable gross profit, proper inventory management and reporting of store activities .
- Review existing policies & procedures in relation to Retail Operations.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field preferred
- 7+ years of retail management experience
- Computer database and productivity software skills required
- Proven history of successfully training employees in a variety of departments
- Strong understanding of sales and customer service techniques
- Demonstrated ability to maintain and work within a budget
20th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV in M.S Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Location Lagos USD Month
- Years Of Experience 5-10
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND