Risk, Independence & Legal Officer
Employment Type: Full Time
- The successful candidate will provide support to the Risk, Independence and Legal Department by playing a key supporting role and adding value in the Risk and Independence clients’ processes.
Other duties to be performed by the ideal candidate include the following:
- Perform engagement acceptance procedures in Phoenix
- Update independence declarations forms for joiners and leavers. Monitor / review joiners and leavers and follow up on outstanding with PPD/BUL/T&T.
- Track and monitor business relationships logged and ensure quality of deliverables
- Initiate monthly and quarterly directorships searches of contractors and firm staff and follow up on exceptions.
- Track and monitor completion of RIL e-learnings such as independence, ethics, information security, integrity imperative, etc.
- Support in the development of quality independence presentations as and when necessary
- Support other RIL activities as it relates to planning, monitoring, roll out, execution and reporting of engagement acceptance testing process.
- Support in monitoring engagement acceptance processes in Phoenix adequately and assist users with the functionality of system.
- Support the Legal team as may be required.
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree Bachelor’s Degree (LL.B., B.L., etc.) in Law with a minimum of Second Class Lower Division.
- Have a minimum of credit in five WASSCE / GCE / NECO Ordinary Level subjects or acceptable equivalent examination, including Mathematics and English Language in one sitting only.
- 2-6 years of relevant experience
- Applicants must have a keen interest in developing their skills in the Risk and Independence areas of the business.
- A fair understanding of Risk Management and Regulatory requirements for different industries will also be valuable
- Be of proven integrity, giving attention to confidentiality requirements
- Possess excellent writing and oral communication/presentation skills
- Have ability to maintain a professional outlook and carriage at all times
- Be willing to learn new skills in the broad activities that Risk and Independence now cover
- Must be analytical and possess effective decision-making skills
- Must also have the ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize workloads and pay attention to detail
- Have the ability to follow through on assigned tasks and proactively seek guidance, clarifications and feedback
- Be prepared to work extra hours from time to time to ensure that all business units have their service requests dealt with promptly
- Be a good team player, self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Proficiency in the use of MS-office tools i.e. Excel, Word and Power-point
What Impact Will You Make?
- Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration, and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you will find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
How You Will Grow
- At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day.
- From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn.
- We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world.
- From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
- At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Location lagos USD Month
- Years Of Experience 3-5
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND