Risk Management Analyst / Specialist
- Risk Management Analyst is to communicate risk policies and processes for the organisation.
- They provide hands-on development of risk models involving market, credit and operational risk, assure controls are operating effectively, and provide research and analytical support.
- Risk Managers must have excellent quantitative and analytical skills, along with the ability to apply those skills across a variety of business processes.
- Designing and implementing an overall risk management process for the organization, which includes an analysis of the financial impact on the company when risks occur
- Performing a risk assessment: Analyzing current risks and identifying potential risks that are affecting the company
- Performing a risk evaluation: Evaluating the company’s previous handling of risks, and comparing potential risks with criteria set out by the company such as costs and legal requirements
- Establishing the level of risk the company are willing to take
- Preparing risk management and insurance budgets
- Risk reporting tailored to the relevant audience. (Educating the board of directors about the most significant risks to the business; ensuring business heads understand the risks that might affect their departments; ensuring individuals understand their own accountability for individual risks)
- Explaining the external risk posed by corporate governance to stakeholders
- Creating business continuity plans to limit risks
- Implementing health and safety measures, and purchasing insurance
- Conducting policy and compliance audits, which will include liaising with internal and external auditors
- Maintaining records of insurance policies and claims
- Reviewing any new major contracts or internal business proposals
- Building risk awareness amongst staff by providing support and training within the company
- Proven experience as a Risk Management Analyst/Specialist
- B.Sc, MSc or its equivalent, ACA,CIA or any cogent Risk Certification
- Knowledge of risk assessment and control
- Experience with auditing and reporting procedures
- Familiarity with industry compliance standards and regulations (e.g. Occupational Safety and Health Act)
- Strong computer and research skills; knowledge of analysis software is preferred (e.g. Statistical Analysis Software, or SAS)
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
21st February, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV to: email@example.com clearly indicating the “Job Title” as subject of your mail.
- Location Lagos, Lagos, Lagos NGN Month
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND