Employment Type: Full-time
- Technical Authority in the Affiliate, responsible for establishing policies, strategies, and technical expertise related to ROV activity for DW District; ensure safe and consistent application of TOTAL’s referential documents, codes, and standards.
- Ensure the implementation by Contractors of the affiliate HSE policies through the application of the HSE bridging document and other documents as applicable.
- Schedule, plan, prepare, manage, and supervise ROV operations and liaising with Line Management and Client Departments as necessary.
- Manage all existing ROV-related Contracts established with the Services Companies, including the follow-up of budget and approval of invoices, in coordination with Contracts and Cost Control departments. Evaluate existing contracts to propose possible improvements at contracts renewal. In particular:
- Manage the existing contract for the provision of ROVs, personnel, and associated services (review and approval of procedures, manning, invoices, claims, etc.)
- Manage the existing contracts with respect to tooling.
- Manage the ROV tools owned or rented by TUPNI (inventory, maintenance, renewal of tools, etc.)
- Participate in the Call for Tender process, technical evaluation, and selection of ROV contractors.
- Participation in ROV budget preparation.
- Report to management on possible changes in contractual strategy and anticipate I evaluate the needs to meet future requirements.
- Organize and prepare ROV intervention operations in coordination with project engineers, vessels superintendents, drilling and exploitation entities. Review all procedures related to ROV operations, including but not limited to installation and maintenance procedures.
- Optimize the ROV operations and evaluate their performance. Maintain internal statistics of ROV and tooling performance.
- Control and approve testing and reception procedures for ROV’s and associated tooling or equipment during mobilization or arrival of new equipment as required.
- Assist with the organization and preparation of ROV intervention operations in coordination with project engineers, vessels superintendents, drilling and exploitation entities. Review all procedures related to ROV operations, including but not limited to installation and maintenance procedures
- Assist with the maintenance of internal statistics for ROV and tooling performance.
- Provide technical support and advice to other TUPNI entities for the implementation of ROV interventions.
- Daily follow-up of all ROV activities within Deep Water, in close coordination with ROV contracted personnel and COMPANY representatives onboard the vessels, offshore installations, and drilling rigs.
- Participate in the review and testing of ROV systems, tools, and equipment required for ROV activities related to Deep Water operations.
- Maintaining an up-to-date database of the number, operational condition, and position of all Deep Water ROV tools and assets.
- Maintaining up-to-date records of the Deep-Water video library in accordance with Deep Water procedures.
- Assist Tie-ins and Christmas Tree on Wire installations.
- Provide technical feedback to Headquarters for new or innovative ROV techniques that could be shared with other Total Affiliates.
Context and Environment
- Internal: All TEP Nigeria entities / All headquarters DGEP/TDO entities.
- External: ROV Contractors. ROV sub-contractors or entities within main contractors, ROV vendors
At all times, the job holder will:
- Demonstrate personal commitment to the HSE Policy
- Maintain awareness of and ensure compliance with all relevant Statutory and Company HSE standards
- Actively participate in Company safety awareness and initiative schemes
- In undertaking this role, the job holder will:
- Proactively carry out the activities of the job.
- Perform regular HSE meetings with contractors
- Be responsible for the achievement of agreed objectives and corrective actions defined into the contractor audit plan
- Adapt to changes in work practices and job activities
- Act in the best interest of the affiliate always.
- Seek out learning opportunities and transfer new skills and knowledge to the job
- Always adhere to the values and principles of the Company Code of Conduct
- Willingly and openly share good practice.
- Maintain support for ROV operations for all the affiliate entities.
- Maintain technical supervision of all ROV activities.
- Management of assigned ROV Contracts
- Provide experience feedback to Total Headquarters.
- Ensure technical compliance with Total’s standards
Qualifications / Experience Required
- Educated to Diploma level in Engineering or Technical equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years ROV management or Project Engineering experience with OIMR, drilling and completion, and construction.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in offshore oil & gas installation/construction industry as ROV Pilot/Operator of which at least 5 years should be in a senior position such as ROV Superintendent on OMIR Vessel.
- Knowledge of ROV tooling, Tie-ins, TOW, technical specifications and procedures, contract awareness,
- Experience with ROV tooling development.
- Fluent in English
- Ability to manage the interface with major ROV Contractors, from different cultures.
- Supervision of ROV personnel onshore and offshore.
- Extensive technical knowledge of ROV’s, equipment, and practices to reinforce Management position with ROV Contractors, especially in technically innovative fields.
- Proactive attitude and preparedness to work with all entities within the Affiliate.
- Good communication skills to interact with affiliate entities as well as other affiliates or partners and local authorities.
- Good working knowledge of ROV equipment, technology, or techniques for deepwater ROV operations, interfacing with other oilfield equipment, Research, and Development.
- Good knowledge of Call for Tender.
9th November, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Location Lagos,Lagos,Lagos USD Month
- Years Of Experience 5-10
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND