Security Escort / Safety Inspector – U.S Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) – All Agencies
Announcement Number: Abuja-2023-034
Hiring Agency: Embassy Abuja
Promotion Potential: FP-9
Series/Grade: FP – 0701 9
Work Schedule: Full-time – 40 hours per week
- Hiring Path: Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- For USEFM – FP is 09. Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C.
- U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) – All Agencies
- Security Clearance Required: Top Secret Clearance
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Appointment Type Details: Definite not to Exceed (5 years)
- The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 hours per week)
- Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (6 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position: No
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
- Travel Required: Not Required
- The incumbent serves as a Facilities American Escort for FAC and Contract personnel and will assist the Post Occupational Safety and Health Officer (POSHO) and the Assistant POSHO in performing his/her duties.
- S/he will also perform hazardous material, fire and safety inspections on the Embassy Compound and when required at all Embassy Abuja’s residential leased properties.
- The position documents inspection results that aid FAC in ordering supplies and developing work schedules to correct the discrepancies found.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- Completion of Secondary School or high school diploma
- Minimum of one (1) year prior work experience in general office work, management or security related position is required.
- Job Knowledge:
- General knowledge of security procedures and mission operations is required.
- Thorough knowledge of regulation governing control and protection of classified material.
- Thorough knowledge of office procedures is required.
- This may be tested. Please specify your level of proficiency in the language listed.
- Good working knowledge of English Language is required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to perform manual labor, lifting or carrying boxes, moving equipment and machinery, unloading trucks at the loading dock as required.
- Duties include prolonged periods of standing and physically demanding activities to include climbing, cramped spaces and work in inclement weather.
- Ability to perform general office duties include administrative tasks and use of computers (Microsoft Office).
- Must be able to lift or carry up to 35 pounds and ability to deal effectively with others to obtain their cooperation.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
- The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Abuja, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- For the current COVID-19 Requirements please visit the following link.
Hiring Preference Selection Process:
- Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), Letter from Veterans’ Affairs which indicates the present existence of a service-connected disability dated within the past six months, equivalent documentation, or certification.
- A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant.
- The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
- This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
- For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
USD 32,357 / Annum
29th March, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Top secret clearance.
- To apply for this position click the “APPLY TO THIS VACANCY” button at the top of the page. Click on the “Submit Application” button to complete your application process. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
In order to qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested diploma and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for this position.
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- Residency and/or Work Permit
- High School Diploma
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
Important Information and Notice
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
- For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
- Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Abuja, Nigeria.
- Location Abuja
- Salary ₦ 500,000+ USD 500000 Month
- Years Of Experience 0-3
- Minimum Qualification SSCE