To be clearly visible:
- One of the duties of a security guard is to make his or herself clearly visible, as this would deter criminals.
- Most burglars, shoplifters, muggers, and other criminals would think twice if they see a security guard on duty.
- So, being visible is one of the ways by which a security guard foils theft, damage, personal injury, and other dastardly acts.
To be vigilant:
- A security guard watches out for any strange thing that may mean harm. For this reason, he must have very keen senses of sight, hearing, and smelling. He should be able to smell it when a cable is burning or when a chemical is leaking from its container.
- He should be able to detect strange sounds, such as when someone is secretly trying to open a door. He should be able to sense it when someone is cleverly trying to divert his attention off his duty.
- And he should be able to interpret quickly whatever he sees. So based on these responsibilities, someone who is short-sighted or long-sighted won’t make a good security guard.
To respond quickly and correctly during crisis:
- Not only does a security guard sense crisis; he acts fast to control the situation.
- So, a security guard must always be at alert to avoid being caught unawares. How a security guard responds to crisis varies depending on the threat.
- A security guard must know how best to respond to various dangerous situations.
Observing and reporting:
- Even after a dangerous situation has been successfully averted, a security guard must not relax yet.
- He should keep observing until he is sure that there are no more problems. After a crisis, a security guard should report the incident to his supervisor, the police or the appropriate authorities (such as the fire services in the case of a fire outbreak).
- This way, further steps would be taken to avert a future recurrence.
- During some very dangerous situations (such as armed robbery attacks or assaults with deadly weapons), a security guard may be unable to handle the situation.
- In that case, he would need some help, and he should waste no time in calling the police.
- By getting help this way, loss of lives or property would be averted.
Checking and monitoring:
- Sometimes, a security guard would be required to maintain certain rules and policies as laid down by his employer.
- Individuals may require that visitors be searched before granted entry or that only visitors for which an appointment has been earlier fixed should be granted entry.
- Similarly, organizations may require their employees to show their ID cards before being granted entry into the work premises. In such cases, a security guard must check and ensure that all the rules and obeyed.
Maintain order among people:
- Security guards are usually present in large gatherings, such as parties and political or religious assemblies. This is to ensure the safety of lives and property and also to prevent stampedes and breakdown of law and order.
- If a security guard positions at an entrance, chances are, he will double as a receptionist because he is usually the first to receive guests and show them their way. This additional duty requires a security guard to be very friendly, approachable, and willing to help others.
Offer safety warnings and tips:
- Among the responsibilities of the security guard is to give tips and precautions to his employers on how to prevent security-threatening situations.
- He should also explain the likely consequences of ignoring these tips, as a way of convincing his employers to adhere to his advice. In addition, a security guard should do his best to ensure that all safety precautions.
30th September, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job title” as the subject of the email
Apply in person at:
5, Alhaji Abdul-Rafiu Obitayo Street,
By Gbola Salami, Opposite Domino’s pizza – Agungi,
Lekki, Lagos State.
For more enquiries, please call: 08068199545, 07052512520.
Note: Applicant must stay on the island (Lekki, Ajah, Sangotedo, VI, Ikoyi) and its environs.
- Location Agungi, Lekki, Lagos, ,NG USD Month