Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Reports to: Chief of Party
- Winrock International works with people around the world to increase economic opportunity, sustain natural resources, and protect the environment. Winrock matches innovative approaches in agriculture, natural resources management, clean energy, and leadership development with the unique needs of its partners.
- Winrock is seeking a Security Manager for a long-term assignment for USAID funded Feed the Future Nigeria Agricultural Extension and Advisory Services (AEAS) project that will support agriculture extension & advisory services in Nigeria.
- The project will increase smallholder farmers’ productivity, incomes, and household nutrition status in seven Feed the Future (FTF) focus states across four geographic zones in Nigeria (Kebbi, Niger, Kaduna, Benue, Ebonyi, Cross-River, and Delta) through strengthening sustainable agricultural extension and advisory services.
- The project will particularly focus on aquaculture, cowpea, maize, rice, and soybean value chains.
Security Manager Duties:
- Provide complete oversight and management for the safety and security for all AEAS personnel and assets countrywide
- Develops strategies to continuously improve and refine security management systems for effectiveness and efficiency, considering evolving project needs, team dynamics, and project mission
- Conducts security risk assessments of the geographic zones where AEAS operates; subsequently, provide recommendations for implementation of risk mitigating practices and features for each location.
- Serves as the Security Focal Point (SFP) for AEAS in Abuja; coordinates with and provides guidance to SFPs at the state level
- Works with the Global Safety and Security (GSS) Department to develop the project’s emergency and security plan; trains all project staff on associated procedures and strategies
- Monitors the security situation across the country, including through the preparation of daily intelligence and incident reports
- Advises on security protocols and mitigation measures
- Tracks staff and consultant travel; conducts analyses of field sites/travel locations and advises on any adjustments needed based on up-to-date information on the security situation and potential conflicts in the targeted geographic areas
- Liaises as necessary with security forces and other relevant security contacts
- Serve as a key member of the Incident Management Team
Qualifications and Background
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in the field of security management or a comparable field
- Formal Security Risk Management qualifications highly desired.
- Require 5+ years’ experience working in a security management capacity in Nigeria; preferably for a Non-Government Organization or a development organization
- Strong knowledge of security planning and implementation across Nigeria, preferably in designated states (Kebbi, Niger, Kaduna, Benue, Ebonyi, Cross-River, and Delta)
- Extensive experience writing, developing, and producing high-quality security reports and assessments.
- Experience conducting security and situational awareness training preferred
- Professional level written and spoken English
- Experience working with International NGOs, preferred
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, creative problem solving, conflict, and ethical management skills
- A strong network of security professionals across Nigeria
- Ability to coordinate with home office, stakeholders, and partners is essential
- Computer literate in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software (Microsoft)
- Current certification in first aid desired
- Driver’s license desired
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Location Abuja, Abuja, Abuja, ,NG NGN Month