Senior Account Officer
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports To: Chief Finance Officer
- The main focus of this role is to ensure that there is smooth running of treasury operational activities in terms of receipt, payments, feedbacks and that financial data are total and accurate to facilitate readily available and timely financial reporting.
- The Account Officer is to manage relationship and all correspondences with banks and prepare books of account.
- Manage relationship with financial service providers and maintain contacts of all bank account managers;
- Daily lodgment and withdrawal of sales and other cash into designated company’s bank accounts;
- Weekly preparation sales schedule by location/branch;
- Raise Payment Vouchers (PV) for all approved requisition memo and also ensure that PVs are appropriately and correctly prepared including Vendor’s ledgers before any payment is made, whether payment via cheques or electronic transfers in all currencies;
- Review and check all written Payment Vouchers (PV). This entails that before PVs are taken to signatories, the Account Officer MUST check the adequacy of authorization and approval of expenditure memos, check the payment terms and ensure compliance to agreed/approved mode of payment;
- Prepare daily bank position and weekly treasury report including reconciliation of previous week treasury actual versus budget, statement showing variance and statement of cashflow projections for the week. This report must be prepared and submitted to the CFO by 10am every day and first work day of the week;
- Update and consolidate loan schedule showing financing obligations for the month and quarter. This includes monitoring liquidity plans to ensure that obligations are met as at when due and raising of all necessary payment vouchers to book loan principal and interest repayment;
- Execute all Form M, raise Letter of Credit instructions to initiating bank and monitor LC to ensure efficient negotiation of terms and timely transmission. This role also includes follow up with the issuing bank for collection of LC telex copies and forwarding same to the Suppliers/Vendors and the receiving banks;
- Daily posting of Payment Vouchers into respective General Ledgers on Sage;
- Preparation of Bank Reconciliation Statement (BRS) using the weekly treasury report that contains bank reconciliation statement week-on-week to obtain end of month BRS;
- Preparation of schedules of all employee related statutory remittances. This includes obtaining of payroll schedule from the Human Resources department, showing details of statutory payables (i.e. PAYE and Pension) and extract details of due payment to prepare schedules for remittance;
- Preparation of schedules of all taxes schedule i.e. Value Added Tax, Withholding Tax and preparation of all taxes filing documentation for remittances in compliance with every regulatory requirement;
- Prepare monthly loan schedule showing obligations for the month and calculations of loan interest, COT, VAT on COT ensuring that debits into all the bank accounts are as agreed with the banks. This also include monitoring of the company’s liquidity to ensure that funds are earmarked for fulfillment of due obligations;
- Monitor, reconcile and report on all account receivables and payables to ensure compliance with the company’s policy on receivables and payables and achieve efficient cash cycle. This function must be done on weekly and monthly basis to ensure that vendor’s ledger balances are accurate and tallies with the actual;
- Collation of data for monthly preparation of expense control report and participate in the preparation of the monthly management accounts and Business Performance Report;
- Collation of data for and participation in the preparation and review of the Company half year and annual budget;
- Preparation and monthly update of schedule all prepayment and accruals i.e. assets and liabilities. This function also includes raising of journal vouchers to expense and amortize prepaid and accrued transactions;
- Assist in coordination of annual external audit exercise;
- Prepare a Step-by-Step listing of work process; Please note that this is a critical function without which Treasury Accountant will not qualify for any form of leave;
- Any other ad hoc duties as prescribed by the CFO to assist in achieving Finance Department overall objectives;
- A Degree in Accounting
- A Certification in Accounting is an added advantage.
- A minimum of 3 years work experience in a similar role.
Skills and Competencies:
- Analytical skills
- Detail oriented and organized
- Computation skills
- Strong Numerical Skills
- Written and oral communication skills
- Problem solving skills.
30th September, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Location Ikeja, Lagos
- Years Of Experience 3-5
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND