Senior Administrative Officer
Job Identification 3000915
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Shift: Day
Job Category: Operations and Administration
- You will coordinate the provision of responsive, effective, and efficient administrative services in support of the Catholic Relief Services (CRS) mission to serve the poor and vulnerable.
- You will helpensure stewardship of resources and a high-quality service approach are integrated into administrative systems, policies, and procedures.
- This position is responsible for ensuring that office facilities, guesthouse facilities, and housing for international staff are well maintained, cleaned, and comfortable to live and work in.
- This position is specifically responsible for carrying out the activities related to the office facilities. The Facility Officer will conduct all tasks related to the management of the contract for all CRS leases and utilities like electricity, generators, and cleaning of the office, guesthouse, and housing for international staff.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Coordinate and report on activities and required resources to ensure cost-efficient and quality service delivery from administrative support functions.
- Help ensure administrative systems, processes, and policies are in line with agency standards and donor and local law regulations.
- Engage with relevant external stakeholders (government officials, landlords, service providers, etc.)on assigned administrative matters and help ensure required authorizations and documents are up to date.
- Coordinate the efficient use of CP assets and rented facilities. Help ensure fully compliant procurement of office materials and asset management systems.
- Help identify safety issues and ensure a safe and sound work environment.
- Coordinate the provision of travel and logistics support and services to staff and visitors. Coordinate event planning activities, including delegation visits, training, and workshops.
Agency REDI Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
Agency competencies clarify expected behaviors and attitudes for all staff. When demonstrated, they create an engaging workplace, help staff achieve their best, and help CRS achieve agency goals. These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Personal Accountability – Consistently takes responsibility for one’s own actions.
- Acts with Integrity – Consistently models values aligned with CRS Guiding Principles and mission. Is considered honest.
- Builds and Maintains Trust – Shows consistency between words and actions.
- Collaborates with Others – Works effectively in intercultural and diverse teams.
- Open to Learn – Seeks out experiences that may change perspective or provide an opportunity to learn new things.
Agency Leadership Competencies:
- Lead Change – Continually look for ways to improve the agency through a culture of agility, openness, and innovation.
- Develops and Recognizes Others – Builds the capacity of staff to reach their full potential and enhance team and agency performance.
- Strategic Mindset – Understands role in translating, communicating, and implementing agency strategy and team priorities.
- Admin Officers, Assistants and Interns
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: Management Team, Finance staff, Program staff in other CRS Country Programs.
- External: Representatives of other Projects, Contractors, Government representatives and stakeholders of the CRS Nigeria Program.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or relevant field preferred. Master’s will be a plus.
- Minimum of 4 years of work experience in administrative support functions, with increasing responsibility. Experience with a local or international NGO a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Good planning, organizational, and time management skills
- Strong customer service orientation with very good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ethical conduct and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
- Languages – English
- Travel- Must be willing and able to travel up to 25 %.
- Additional education may substitute for some experience.
- Experience and proficient skills in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio) and information management systems.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship.
24th September, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
- Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
- All positions requiring residence or frequent travel outside their home country must undergo and clear a pre-employment medical examination.
- CRS talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding the rights and dignity of all people – especially children and vulnerable adults – to live free from abuse and harm.
- CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Location Abuja (FCT)
- Years Of Experience 3-5
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND