Senior Clinical Services Associate, Treatment Support
Job Code: CSUMI0037
Location: Mushin – Isolo Command, Lagos
Grant Duration: Subject to availability of funds and exceptional grant performance
Do You Have What it Takes to Join Us?
- We are in search of innovative, creative, and self-motivated talents with outstanding skills and proven track records in the advertised position.
- A reliable individual who is committed, audacious, accountable, and passionate (females and HIV community members are strongly encouraged to apply) with strong core values to work with our highly experienced team at our Head and state offices.
- A reliable executor who is flexible and can hit the ground running in aiding the organization achieve its goals as it aligns with saving lives, making life more meaningful and productive for all Nigerians and especially for the most vulnerable.If this typifies you, kindly read on.
- The incumbent will be responsible at the command level for care & support, formation and management of various models of differentiated care for PLHIV including the linkage of Community ART groups to Microfinance for house hold empowerment and sustainability.
- The incumbent will plan, manage and implement care and support service delivery packages which include; (Adherence support, to ensure retention in care and treatment for all enrolled clients, Positive Health Dignity and Prevention (PHDP) intervention for adult in care, food and nutrition, Psychosocial support (PSS), supervise the formation and linkage of community ART cluster groups to sources of income in line with the national guidelines.
- The incumbent will liaise with the prevention and community service team to provide home based care services, bi-directional peer-lead navigation, and psychosocial support in youth wellness centers for retention service.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the implementation of Care and Support activities in line with national guidelines
- Develop and implement strategies to improve ART Adherence and retention in care including differentiated care models (both facility and community based) including adolescent care.
- Develop work plans for the program and coordinate the implementation and reporting on care and support activities.
- Ensures that the health facility and communitybased care team (nurses/Peer Health Educators) provide quality, comprehensive health education and information on Adherence and Psychosocial support services through the facility-based case management system.
- Builds the capacity of facility level care team to perform adherence assessment and provide counseling for client initiating ART, identifying potential strengths and weaknesses in relation to predicted drug adherence, assess patients’ readiness for treatment.
- Coordinates the activities of case managers such as (escort services to patients within the facilities, conduct home visits to track care and treatment defaulters; coordinates and facilitate support group meetings) in collaboration with facility focal person.
- Provide ongoing support and technical assistance to facility based multidisciplinary teams on issues regarding medical/treatment adherence through the state based Care team.
- Work with the multidisciplinary team and state M&E staff to ensure adequate real time documentation of all M&E tools at the site level.*Provide on- going mentoring and hands- on supportive supervision to facility and state base care teams.
- Foster effective linkages and collaboration with CBOs to identify community-based adherence structures such as PLHIV support groups for other social support.
- Continually review operational research findings to provide quality service to persons living with HIV in line with international best practices
- Receive and review monthly programmatic performance reports from health facilities through the state care and support team
- Participate in the organization, donor and other partner Technical Working Group (TWG) meetings as appropriate
- And any other duties as assigned by Supervisor or designate.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Medicine, Nursing, Public Health, Social Sciences or a related field
- Minimum of five years’ experience in health program management in sub-Saharan Africa
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience working on HIV/AIDS counseling and testing programs in international or resource poor settings.
- Experience in coordinating HIV/AIDS program implementation
- Strong supervisory and management skills
- Ability to work independently with strong problem-solving skills and ability to foresee problems and initiate appropriate action.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Excellent team player with good inter personal skills.
2nd November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Submit their current CV and Suitability Statement not more than 200 words indicating the Position and Location in Microsoft Word format by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the JOB TITLE, LOCATION AND APPLICANT FULL NAME (e.g. Senior Clinical Services Associate, Treatment Support – CSUMI0037 – Lagos, ADESUWA NWACHUKWU) as the subject of the email.
- It is important to apply via the link and the mail, as application sent to ONLY the email address will be considered invalid.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to advance to the next stage of the selection process
- Qualified Locals and residents of this location are encouraged to apply
- Applications are reviewed in the order of arrival and we reserve the right to close the offer before the term initially indicated if suitable applications are received.
- Location Mushin - Isolo Command, Lagos USD Month
- Years Of Experience 5-10
- Minimum Qualification MBA/MSc/MA