Senior Finance Assistant (G7)
IOM Classification: G7
Organizational Unit: Resource Management
Type of Appointment: Special Short Term (SST) 6 Months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Under the general supervision of the Senior Resource Management Officer and the direct supervision of the Resource Management Officer, the incumbent will assist in planning, leading, organizing and coordinating the activities of the finance unit to include but not limited to the following areas: Internal and External audit preparation, financial analysis, budgets and other financial issues in accordance with IOM Financial Management Rules and Procedures. In particular, he/she will:
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Act or serve as focal point for both internal and external audits for entire mission. The main role of an audit focal point will be to act as “facilitator” to assist in the process of preparing and organizing for internal and external audits
- As the Audit focal point, the incumbent may be directly involved in implementing certain recommendations that may arise during either internal or external audit, including follow ups on the recommendations
- The focal will be responsible for aiding finance, procurementcolleagues, the RMO / SRMO identify possible weakness in the documentations and make the necessary recommendations on how they should be resolved
- Ensure the sampled documents are compiled from the e-filing system and physical documents and labelled priorto the audit commencement
- Review the sampled documents in trying to identify any gaps prior to the audit commencement
- Provide information and explanationsto the auditorsas thought during the audit
- Coordinate responses to the queries raised during the auditwith the RMO / SRMO.
- Coordinate with the administrative centers and regional offices on the responses
- Review, verify and release all payments processed through Corresponding bank platform. IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates
- Ensure internal control systems in place are followed and pointareas of weaknesses to the RMO / SRMO with appropriate suggestions of improvements needed
- Maintain mission’s bank balances and ensure that mission’s cash reserves are adequately replenished
- Provide regular updates to RMO and SRMO on the status of all outstanding debtors / creditors items and to ensure that they are regularly maintained and cleared
- Performs periodic cash counts including month end cash count and certify agreement withPRISM / FI
- In coordination with RMO, prepare monthly summary of the mission’s national staff projectization and coordinate with HR for posting
- Train new users on the use of PRISM FI and any other relevant training in relation to financial guidelines and operations
- Liaise with the banks and other suppliers on outstanding financial issues
- Review, check and sign off all vouchers posted to PRISM FI in order to ensure all appropriate supporting documents have been attachedand correctness / consistency of the postings.
- In coordination with the RMO, run financial reports (routine reports) according to established guidelines and provide recommendations / advices to programme colleagues on expenditures and savings
- In-budget preparation and project financial reviews
- Verify all expense claims to certify correctness and ensure that all appropriate supporting documents have been provided and correct WBS assigned
- Coordinate with RMO in responding to the Regional Accounting Support in Manila on monthly account reviews and mission checklist reviews and respond to queries raised on accounting andfinance matters by RAS related to Monthly checklists, and other field Missions
- Monitor donor reports schedule and assist in preparation of donor financial reports (Interim and Final) in accordance with IOM regulations, established procedures and donor requirements with close coordination with RMO and project Managers
- In Coordination with the RMO / SRMO in prepareannual budgetsfor the Mission and assist in the preparation of budgets for new projects as well
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Qualified CPA or ACCA or its equivalent would be an added distinct advantage
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and finance or a related field from an accredited academic institution with Five years of relevant working experience or High School Diploma Certificate with minimum of seven years’ experience
- Qualified CPA or ACCA or itsequivalent would be an added distinct advantage.
- At least 7 years supervisory experience in financeand administration specificallyin financial reporting, budgeting, accounts payables, accounts receivables
- Prior experience in usage of SA Prequired
- Proficiency in computer skills, especially in MS Office products (Excel, Outlook, Wordetc.).
- Proficiency in computer skills, especially in MS Office products (Excel, Outlook, Wordetc.)
- Prior work experience in an international organization an added advantage.
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills with proven ability to work effectively and harmoniously with a team ofcolleagues.
- Mature individual, able to work independently, under pressure, able to maintain accuracy, paying attention to details, meeting deadlines, and working with minimal supervision.
- Fluency in English and French required, working knowledge of Portuguese an advantage.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversityand inclusion wherever possible
- Integrity and transparency: maintainhigh ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles / rules andstandards of conduct
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent,and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action-oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge,and innovate
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring,and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2:
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example,and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential
- Empowering others & building trust creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential
- Strategic thinking and vision: work strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
29th April, 2021.
- In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM) and with a subject line SVN2021.034 Senior Finance Assistant G7
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers, and detailed curriculum vitae (CV)
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station and within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, confirmation of all documents, and security clearances
- Women with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
- Location Abuja,Abuja,Abuja
- Salary ₦ 50,000 - 100,000 NGN 50000-100000 Month
- Years Of Experience 5-10
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND