Senior Finance Officer
Location: Southern, Nigeria
Job Type: Contract
- Exciting growth opportunity exist for Public Health Professionals at the Program Management Unit (PMU) of the National Tuberculosis & Leprosy Control Programme (NTBLCP) for implementation of the Global Fund’s grant and interventions in Nigeria
- As part of the PMU, you will be a change agent and a strategic enabler applying your expertise to manage a project that impacts millions of lives while helping to put an end to Tuberculosis in Nigeria.
- Ensure that assigned programmes and projects are managed in a financially responsible manner and that significant discrepancies are promptly reported to the Finance and Admin Manager for resolution.
- Undertake occasional financial verification visits to the zones and states to confirm the adequacy of supporting documentation, accuracy of reporting and adherence to the set policies and guidelines.
- Review the concept notes/ proposals provided with payment/ advance requests to ensure they are in line with the approved workplan and budget, and that previous advances have been liquidated, prior to approval of subsequent disbursements.
- For all head office procurement and other activities, ensure compliance with the applicable procedures and that all supporting documentation is in place and checked prior to processing payment.
- Carry out month-end closing activities including reviewing the accuracy and classification of general ledger entries, completing balance sheet reconciliations (including cash/ bank and advances) and calculating the expenditure allocations to programmes and donors, where applicable.
- Assist in preparation of periodic financial reports, including annual financial statements, in line with the set guidelines and formats.
- Support the workplan and budget formulation process by providing cost input and other pertinent data including any commitments and, on a day-to-day basis, provide advice to budget holders and other staff on relevant budgetary issues.
- Assist the Finance and Admin Manager on an ongoing basis to update and refine the organizational cashflow forecast based on absorption and any identified reprogramming needs.
- Generate monthly budget variance reports for management including comments to justify any significant variances between budgeted and actual expenditure.
- Prepare the bank reconciliation on a monthly basis and submit reconciliations for final review and approval by the Finance and Admin Manager.
- Maintain the fixed asset register and inventory records in line with related policies and procedures.
- Provide auditors and other reviewers with relevant input/ information and any other required assistance to ensure that the reviews run smoothly.
- Implement audit recommendations and provide regular progress updates to the Finance and Admin Manager.
- Review monthly statutory deduction schedule (PAYE, withholding tax and Pension deductions) to ensure accuracy and timely remittances to the relevant authority.
- Review and collate the taxes incurred for periodic reporting to the donor.
- Review the PMU payroll on a monthly basis according to the payroll schedule ensuring that all the required deductions are made.
- Supervise and provide mentoring to direct reports (Finance Officers).
- Provide compliance training and support to the PMU staff, where required, to ensure compliance with the organisation’s requirements.
- Any other tasks assigned by the Finance and Admin Manager that can reasonably be expected of a senior finance officer, but not necessarily specified above.
- HND/B.Sc in Accountancy/Finance or related discipline.
- Professional qualification (ACA, CA, CPA/ ACCA) is required.
- Minimum of five years financial / grants management experience, with at least 2 years in a supervisory role.
- Demonstrated experience with donor funded grants. Specific experience in the Health sector and with Global Fund grants is an added advantage.
- Proficient in the use of at least one computerised accounting system and Microsoft Excel. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics (Navision) is an asset.
- Knowledge of Nigerian Financial Regulation and Tax Laws.
7th November, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: All applications must be completed and duly acknowledged via mail as this validates success of submission.
- Location Nigeria, Northern Nigeria USD Month
- Years Of Experience 5-10
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND