We an indigenous Non-Profit and Non-Governmental Organization with head office in Abuja and field offices in several locations in Nigeria. We are in search of highly skilled, dynamic, committed, bright individuals with good work ethics and high level of integrity to work with our highly experienced team. If your energy for our vision of saving lives, along with technical skills match our need to keep delivering a Program that continues to strengthen the health system in Nigeria then apply if the position below suits your skills and abilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Senior Health Informatics Officer
Job Code: SI203
- The incumbent will lead the formulation of strategies and governance associated with databases and database management. Monitor and analyze information and data systems and evaluate their performance to discover ways of enhancing/upgrading them to new and emerging database technologies. Lead the development and management of multiple medium sized database administration and operation functions.
- Formulate and implement security and access measures/policy to safeguard access to CIHP databases and applications according to approved security policy and procedures. Serve as the primary subject matter advisor on database related matters for CIHP.
- Lead the design, development, deployment and implementation of CIHP database services and management.
- Establish functional policies, standards and procedures for clinical databases and applications including system SOPs and data standardization approaches to ensure consistent delivery and data integrity.
- Lead the development of a system to ensure accountability, confidentiality, integrity and availability of data assets and database services for CIHP program.
- Lead development and management of framework for reporting into the National data repository.
- Lead and manage the reporting and use of all database platforms, including NOMIS, PWIS, NGQUAL and MERAGG.
- Ensure reporting of EMR outcome into the National Data Repository (NDR) across all supported public and private health facilities
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Ability
- MSc / BSc or B-Tech degree in Business Management, Computer Science or equivalent relevant experience.
- At least 6 year’s post qualification development experience in database administration and data management technologies in DB2, MS SQL Server, Oracle DB Experience in the development and maintenance of large data warehouses with DBA activities including backups, data sizing and hardware requirements.
- Strong experience in software development, system technology, middleware and backup & disaster recovery solutions will be an added advantage.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to understand complex problems and to generate appropriate technical solutions.
27th May, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the Application Documents below in Microsoft Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Current CV
- Suitability statement not more than 200 words indicating position and location.
- The subject of the email should be the “Job Code, Location And Applicant Full Name”; e.g. COM 01, Abuja, ESTHER ISA
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted to advance to the next stage of the selection process
- Applications are reviewed in the order of arrival and we reserve the right to close the offer before the term initially indicated if suitable applications are received.
- Location Abuja, Abuja, Abuja, ,NG NGN Month