Senior Health Systems Strengthening/Private Sector Advisor – Nigeria
Project Overview and Role
- Palladium is recruiting a Senior HSS/Private Sector advisor to serve on the leadership team for an upcoming project across five states in Nigeria aimed at improving systems and services to provide HIV and TB services.
- The Senior HSS/Private Sector Advisor will provide technical support to the project team to expand the private sector engagement and strengthen its capacity in the following areas:
- Support a locally hired Private Sector Advisor position responsible for planning, coordinating and facilitating technical assistance and implementation of activities to expand HIV/AIDS and TB services through private sector providers and facilities.
- Support identification of potential private providers and facilities to expand delivery sites for integrated access to HTS, PMTCT, TB/HIV treatment and care.
- Support promotion and coordination of activities for prevention of HIV/AIDS and TB at workplaces.
- Strengthened linkages between public and private sector service delivery systems for improve referral.
- Support activities to streamline recording and reporting of program data by private sector providers and facilities.
- Support planning and coordination of capacity building activities for private providers following national policies and guidelines.
- A graduate degree in Public Health, Health Policy or related courses (e.g. MBBS, RN etc.) with extensive field experience in managing health programs in Nigeria. A postgraduate degree in health systems or public health will be an added advantage
- At least 3-5 years of experience working on Health Systems Strengthening in developing countries, preferably in Nigeria
- Experience engaging with Private Sector in health systems strengthening, primary health care, and have capacity building and project management experience in public health programs
- The HSS Coordinator must be intimately familiar with the context in Nigeria and have in-country experience with USAID programs
- Demonstratable capacity to network and negotiate with key stakeholders across different sectors in support of health
- Strong skills in design, implementation and monitoring of program components; e.g. health systems strengthening, qual training, supportive supervision, advocacy and coordination
- Excellent facilitation and mentoring skills’ supporting decentralized entities to translate policies into strategic plans for implementation; and computer literacy in spread sheets is a must
- Experience with technical assistance for programs funded by USAID and/or other donor programs in developing countries, with significant Nigeria experience
- Strong verbal, listening, writing, and interpersonal skills essential for effective coordination among several institutions and staff involved in a broad range of activities
- Fluent in English, (written and oral communication) and Hausa and/or Fulfulde
- Willingness to travel throughout each of the five states as necessary
31st October, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Location Nigeria, Nigeria, Nigeria USD Month