Senior Internal Auditor
Employment Type: Full Time
Department: Internal Audit
- The Senior Internal Auditor will ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of the company’s operations and the integrity of information by serving as a watchdog, assurance provider, consultant, or whistleblower over its operations and activities.
- This function supports the Head of Internal Audit dept. in discharging the following tasks or performing the following activities:
- Assisting the Head of Internal Audit in conducting risk-based audit for all departments and units based on approved Internal Audit Plan by the board audit committee (BAC).
- Developing the company’s Internal Audit Framework including policies and procedures in line with local and international best practice standards.
- Participating actively in the design and integration of control frameworks into the company’s business processes and systems.
- Conducting periodic checks to test the effectiveness of the company’s internal control mechanisms and reporting observed weaknesses.
- Conducting investigations/forensic analyses into suspected procedural breaches and fraudulent practices across the company and determine/recommend the appropriate line of action to the chief executive officer (CEO) and (BAC) in response to findings.
- Reviewing and monitoring, periodically, test keys, codes, list of authorized signatories, approval limits, and other security devices to prevent fraudulent practices and security breaches.
- Triggering the execution of spot checks on transactions and activities as well as performing hot reviews of the dept.’s staff activity.
- Highlighting and flagging duplications, revenue leakages, and weaknesses across the company.
- Advising and providing opinion to management and board on good governance and best practices in internal control.
- Staying abreast of industry trends, events, issues and developments to assist/enable the development and implementation of appropriate control measures, monitoring mechanism as well as their continuous update/revision.
- Ensuring compliance with adopted corporate governance practice and approved operational policies and procedures.
- Co-coordinating depts.’ activities to ensure timely implementation of audit/review points raised by external auditors for all funds under management and company accounts.
- Continuously reviewing depts.’ activities and making recommendations for improvement to the business.
- Preparing and submitting periodic activity/management reports to the CEO and BAC on the activities of the dept.
- Serving on committees or cross-functional teams and performing other duties as assigned by the CEO, or BAC.
- Conducting reviews of the activities of the various depts. and units in the organization.
- Reviewing periodically, reconciliation statements and proofs (stocks, bonds, cash advance, bank accounts (funds and company’s), benefits’/retirees’ payments, etc.), and monitoring of resolution of non-reconciling items.
- Reviewing the organization’s general ledger and associated transactions.
- Monitoring of exception(s) on Portfolio Valuation Reports.
- Reviewing deposits’ maturities on periodic basis.
- Reviewing statutory and non-statutory (agreed) rates on applications on periodic basis.
- Reviewing access rights, activity or systems’ logs, Antivirus and Anti-Spyware compliance, and parameter settings (network and applications).
- Reviewing corporate action events’ (bonuses and dividends) declaration and capture.
- Exception monitoring, reporting and administration (i.e., contribution schedules, bank account, Admin. Fee review, etc.).
- Conducting branch and office location inspection on periodic basis.
- Conduction annual ISO 27001:2013 internal audit reviews in preparation for surveillance audit and re-certification audit by External Auditors.
- Reviewing Unprocessed Monies Proof and benefits payment reconciliation statement on monthly basis.
- Conducting associated third-party reviews (custodian(s) and Montgomery Vault) on periodic basis.
- Implementation status reviews and communication with related parties on audit findings and queries to resolve issues.
- Monthly RSA Funds’ Admin. Fee and Management Fee Review. This includes scoping, report generation and review of shortfall and refunds (states and inter fund).
- Callover of postings into the application against supporting documents.
- Reviewing and responding to external auditors’ confirmations.
- Updating of management and BAC reports.
- Monitoring and reporting on test restore exercise based on the company’s disaster recovery plan.
- Ensuring controls exist to monitor compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Ensuring strict compliance with the firm’s policies, etc.
- Ensuring strict compliance with the organization’s Standard Operating Procedure and manuals, etc.
- Ensuring that working papers are comprehensively drawn, duly referenced and properly filed.
- Any other functions as assigned by the head of department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with a minimum of Second Class (Hons.) Upper Division. MBA would be an advantage.
- ACA, ACCA, CISA (Any, or a combination of these).
- Five years of relevant experience (post qualification).
- Good knowledge of the local and global financial service industry dynamics including regulations, legislations and operating environment.
- Ability to think strategically and holistically and to appreciate the systemic impact of various policies, issues, and solutions.
- Experience in building professional business relationships and dealing at a senior level appropriate for a leader of a critical function.
- Excellent working knowledge of Internationally accepted accounting and audit standards and procedures.
- Test and sampling methods involved in conducting audits.
- Risk management methodologies.
- Corporate governance procedures.
- Process engineering.
- Strong problem solving and analytical abilities.
- Expert knowledge of fraud behavior and detection methodologies
- Demonstrated superior understanding of non-banking financial service operations, policies, and procedures.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical abilities.
- High integrity level and excellent decision-making ability.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Good leadership, coaching, mentoring, and supervision skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, presentation, and facilitation skills.
- Self-motivated with a strong drive, and commitment to achieving agreed objectives.
3rd March, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Location Lagos USD Month