Senior IT Business Analyst
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are in need of a Senior IT Business Analyst who reports to the Manager. The Senior IT Business Analyst will lead business analysis services in support of enterprise-wide projects leveraging a combination of Agile and Waterfall analysis aligned methodologies.
- As the successful candidate you will consult with internal stakeholders using best practice methods, tools and techniques to understand needs and requirements, evaluate operating methods and technological options, identify and analyse process gaps, risks and root causes, and translate business needs into solution requirements.
- Closely work with application developers to translate business requirements into technical language and validate requirements once developed.
- Analyse, capture and document all the business and system requirements and suggest solutions options to solve the problems.
- Translates high-level business requirements into functional specifications for business application development.
- Act as coach and mentor to less experienced and/or new team members (e.g. sharing application and domain knowledge, provide guidance on day-to-day activities).
- Develop business cases and propose solutions, interpret requirements, conceptualize and provide recommendations.
- Act as team manager providing coaching and guidance to project teams with ability to influence others to move toward a common goal.
- Facilitate solution discovery and Contribute to the conceptual design of the end solution.
- Write detailed Business Proposals, develop and implement test plans and strategies.
- Work with the Project Managers and Systems Architects to ensure that the business requirements are met in the technical solution.
- University education in Computer, Data or Information Sciences, Business Administration or equivalent combination of education and experience including increasingly responsible experience in business analysis.
- In-depth Knowledge of business analysis skills with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
- Proven experience with Agile and Waterfall methodologies and the delivery and practical application of related tools and techniques.
- Expert in Business Analysis methodology (IIBA or PMI) and the application of related tools and techniques.
- An advanced understanding of MS Excel and Visio is required. Experience with datavisualization tools/suites (such as Tableau or Power BI), requirements management solutions and, working knowledge of Agile coordination tools (such as Jira and Confluence is a must have.
- Knowledge of MS SharePoint or similar collaboration tools with ability to design and maintain structured and secured shared folders, including automating processes around these, where applicable.
- Ability to evaluate environment(s), interpret requirements, conceptualize and develop recommendations to enable stakeholder-acceptable business processes.
- Well-developed problem-solving and analytical skills to research and identify issues, challenges, root causes and opportunities, and to propose effective solutions for improvement.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to provide advice and guidance and present information clearly and concisely to all levels within the organization, including executives.
- Strong client focus including excellent interpersonal and client relationship management skills to build strong relationships with client groups to coach, facilitate, consult and negotiate with internal stakeholders and peers.
29th October, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Location Victoria island,Lagos USD Month
- Years Of Experience 0-3
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND