Department: Information And Communication Technology (ICT)
Reports to: Head, ICT
Job Summary & Purpose
- The primary objective of this position is to support ICT operations across Routing & Switching, Firewalls, Data Centres, Wireless and Security disciplines, and execute projects. In addition to executing on projects and operations support, this role will provide technical mentoring and guidance to L2 / L1 support groups throughout the organization
- Develop and support comprehensive network LAN, WAN, wireless and security solutions that meet requirements and integrate into the overall Obijackson Group network and security architecture.
- Evaluate current network and security systems to propose and implement network system enhancements on Network Switches, Routers, Internet Firewall Services, VPN and other Network Management devices – Defines, designs and implements network and security solutions.
- Create and maintain standard builds/templates and apply advanced network and security engineering and architecture knowledge on complex and diverse problems.
- Participate in IT network infrastructure project design, reviews and ensure network architecture goals and requirements are met and aligned with business objectives.
- Work with internal customers and service providers to design, implement and support networks.
- Well versed in cloud architectures, software defined networking, data center switching technologies, and securing virtual environments (AWS, Azure, Google desired).
- Assess vendor development/test strategies for various network domain projects.
- Perform network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common network problems.
- Background in deploying both bare metal systems and virtual cloud services.
- Proven experience evaluating emerging technologies and incorporating them into existing or new systems.
- Support and collaborate on the development, implementation and administration of processes and procedures to ensure the reliability, recoverability, and optimum performance of network infrastructure systems and solutions.
- Develop network and security documentation, including diagrams and work instructions, test plans, implementation plans, and project timelines for various projects.
- Ability to work as an individual contributor, as a technical expert and as a participant in a team environment.
- Write functional requirements/specifications documents.
- Proven ability to accomplish assigned tasks with little supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrated confidence with the ability to present and have conversations.
- Establishes best practices through collaboration with IT Security and IT Infrastructure Operations.
- Collaborates with IT Security and Client Services toward compliance and auditing.
- Ability to maintain and foster sensitivity and respect for a culturally diverse work environment.
- Ability to manage and prioritize complex, changing workloads in a challenging technical environment.
- Academic Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Network Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent industry experience
- Professional Qualification: Cisco CCNA, CCNP, CCIE certifications. Information technology certifications such as MCP, ITIL, VCP
- Experience: 5 years of progressive experience in network architecture, design, engineering and implementation in complex large IT networks and network security.
Key Skills & Competencies:
- Advanced knowledge of and experience with networking and network protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, routing, firewalls, DNS, DHCP, F5 LTM, SSH, VPNs), IP routing protocols including RIP, BGP, OSPF, IP Multicast, MPLS.
- Thorough understanding of modern service providers, TCP/IP data networks using standards and technologies including but not limited to: Ethernet, OSPF, IGMP, STP, RSTP, 802.1q, 802.11n, and 802.11ac.
- Experience with Policy Based Routing, Quality of Service, netflow, Wireless 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, virtual networks, NAT, ACL controls, Web Security/URL Filtering, IPSec, Intrusion Prevention System (IPS), Malware Prevention.
- IPv4 and IPv6 experience is must.
- Knowledge, skills and experience with Cisco routing, switching, and wireless hardware, software and protocols including.
- Experience with SDN, SD-WAN products and services, Working knowledge of structured cabling systems and network facilities.
- Experience in firewall design and in network security including: Device Hardening, IDS/IPS, SIEM, Firewalls, and IPSec, vulnerability assessment and intrusion detection.
- Strong WAN experience managing global network infrastructure.
- Ability to travel.
Physical Exertion on the Job:
- Key Performance Metrics:
- Performance Area:
- Network Availability
- Maintain Quality of Network
- Project Portfolio Management
- Team Development
- 99.9% Uptime on LAN
- 99.9% Uptime on WAN
- Proactive intrusion prevention
- Identification and removal of internal threats
- Plans, designs, builds, operates and supports, within timelines and budget
- Mentorship, collaboration and knowledge sharing
Tuesday, 15th October, 2019; (Time – 3:00PM)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their tailored CV to: email@example.com using the “Job title” as subject of the email.
Note: Any application received after the stated closing date will be automatically rejected.
- Location Lagos USD Month
- Years Of Experience 5-10
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND