Senior Lecturer (CONUASS 5)
Faculty: Nursing Science
The lecturing position will be in the Department below:
- Department of Nursing Science (with specialization in Medical Surgical Nursing)
- Candidates applying for this position are expected to possess a first degree with a minimum of Second Class (Upper Division) and a doctorate degree in their respective fields or Fellowship of the National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria or the West African College of Physicians (FWACP) or West African College of Surgeons (FWACS) with not less than three (3) years of teaching and research experience since becoming Lecturer I in a University or comparable Institution of Higher Learning. Candidates must possess scholarly publications in reputable journals published both locally and internationally.
- Experienced individuals in professional practice outside the university system/research institutions but with a strong interest in the academics and effective teaching and research capacity, a good number of publications in high-impact national and intemational journals, and possessing PhD degree with at least 10-years of post-doctoral experience or holders of Fellowship of the West African College of Physicians/Surgeons or National Postgraduate Medical College with at least 6 years professionals are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates must be individuals with high level commitment to growing and effectively applying their grantsmanship and academic leadership skills. Candidates must be individuals with deep commitment to further developing high-level research, teaching and leadership skills and strong passion for grantsmanship and innovations.
10th June, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to forward 10 copies of typed and duly signed applications with Curriculum Vitae (see format below) and photocopies of relevant certificates / docurnents (see below) to the University. The position being applied for must be boldly and clearly written on the envelopes or packaging with which the applications are being submitted.
The Curriculum Vitae must comply with the following format:
- Full Name (Surname first in capital letters).
- Post Applied for (State the Department/Unit)
- Date and place of birth (attach birth certificate/sworn affidavit).
- State of Origin, Senatorial District and Local Government Area (if a Nigerian)
- Permanent Home Address.
- Contact Address, including postal address, G.S.M. Telephone number and E-mail Address.
- Marital Status.
- Number of Children and their Ages.
- Next of kin
- Contact Address of next of kin, including postal address, G.S.M. Telephone number and E-mail Address
- Institutions attended with dates.
- Academic / Professional qualifications and distinctions obtained with dates (attach copies of credentials).
- Work Experience with dates.
- Present Employment, Status and Salary (if any).
- Research interests and activities
- Conference/ courses attended (state titles of papers presented if any).
- Professional accomplishment
- Honours and awards
- Research grants and grantsmariship experience
- Publications with date.
- Service to national and international bodies.
- Any physical challenge?
- Names and address of three (3) referees who must have been closely associated with Candidates academiclwork experience.
All applications should reach the Registrar and addressed to:
University of Medical ScIences,
PMB 536, Ondo City,
- In addition to listing the names and addresses of the Referees, candidates should request the Referees to send confidential report on them, under separate cover directly to the Registrar. The reports should be duly marked “CONFIDENTIAL”.
- Only the applications of short-listed candidates will be acknowledged.
- Location ondo,ondo,ondo NGN Month
- Years Of Experience 0-3
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND