Senior Legal Officer
Location: Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti (with approximately 25% travel within Nigeria and internationally)
Job type: Full-time
- The Senior Legal Officer provides timely high-level litigation and/or legal advice, briefings and correspondence on complex areas of law and policy issues to ensure efficient and effective legal services delivery.
- Member of the Administrative arm of the Organization. Recording Secretary of all statutory meetings.
- When the directorate is called for the purpose, representation of the Directorate at various departmental/unit meetings as instructed by the Director of Legal Services.
- Drafting, reviewing and perfection of legal documents for and on behalf of Organization.
- Representation and protection of the Organization at the court sittings and Multi-Door Court House.
- Constant Legal Research for immediate, short, mid and long term needs of the Organization
- Conduct of legal search of any kind for subjects on behalf of the Organization when the need arises
- When the need arises, representing and protecting the Organization at the Nigeria Police Station and other Security Agencies.
- Frequent Consultations with the Director, Assistant Director and Principal Legal Officers on pending legal matters.
- Handling of Corporate affairs matters as assigned by the Office
- Handling of all other duties as assigned by the Director and relevant personnel and other duties incidental to the optimal performance of the Directorate and the Organization at Large.
- Dual reportage – to be responsible to both the Director of Legal at the Headquarters and the Officer in Charge of the Organization as shall be contained in the organogram of the Subsidiary concerned.
- Prepares Memorandum of Understanding, bills and statutes on administrative matters and conduct research on appropriate emerging legal issues
- Provides representation to the institution in ensuring the efficient handling and winning resolution of all negotiations and disputes
- A graduate Degree in Law (minimum of second class lower).
- Member of the Nigerian Bar Association.
- A minimum 5 years post NYSC experience.
- Possession of a Post graduate qualification (i.e. LLM) is an added advantage
- Discretion and trustworthiness: you will often be party of confidential information
- Excellent written &verbal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of corporate law; commitment and enthusiasm in the delivery of the organization’s objectives.
- Good understanding of general and specific Company and commercial law.
- Excellent team working ability to ensure smooth operation in the Legal Unit as a whole.
- Competitive Compensation.
- 5 – day workweek.
- Competitive Health Insurance (Employee + Spouse + 4 children).
- Wellness Programs
- Employee Training Programs
- Growth and Development
- Mentoring and Counseling
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Location Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti USD Month
- Years Of Experience 5-10
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND