Senior Legal Officer
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Supervises junior legal officers and other staff providing legal support work.
- Assigns and reviews the work of junior legal officers while providing training, advice, guidance and direction on legal matters.
- Plans, organises and prepares the work programme of the Legal Services of J3 Holdings.
- Represents J3 Holdings in court and before other tribunals on the more complex legal matters.
- Drafts the more complex legal documents including contracts, leases, and agreements.
- Reviews systems, policies and procedures and makes appropriate recommendations to improve productivity and quality service.
- Confers with relevant official of J3 Holdings /Departments and attends meetings to give professional legal advice.
- Prepares and/or reviews legal opinions.
- Reviews legal/court documents for completeness and accuracy.
- Advises on the more complex legal issues related to the administration, interpretation and enforcement of laws pertaining to the operations of J3 Holdings
- Participates in or supervises the preparation of instructions for submission to state central legal agencies on legal matters involving the state.
- Participates in or supervises court case preparation work such as interviewing witnesses, taking depositions and preparing pre-trial briefs and preparing draft pleadings for filing.
- Supervises the conduct of research and analysis on legal matters pertinent to the J3 Holdings operations.
- Participates in and/or supervises the review of existing legislation, rules, and regulations pertaining to the Ministry and recommends / formulates appropriate amendments.
- Reviews systems and procedures and recommends or devises strategies/mechanisms to improve the effectiveness of legal services delivery.
- Leads or participates in negotiations/consultations with external/internal parties.
- Prepares Notes, memoranda, letters, and other documents on legal matters.
- Represents the J3 Holdings on committees and in meetings and others.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Requirements / Skills
- Interested candidates must have a Degree in Law and over 3 years relevant working experience as a PA/Legal Assistant.
- Discretion and trustworthiness: you will often be party of confidential information
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Organisational skills and the ability to multitask
- The ability to be proactive and take the initiative
- Tact, diplomacy and communication skills
N150,000 – N180,000 monthly.
31st October, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the job title as the subject of the email.
- Location Yaba, Lagos
- Salary ₦ 150,000 - 200,000 USD 150000-200000 Month
- Years Of Experience 3-5
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND