Senior Maintenance Engineer – (Electrical & Mechanical)
Employment Type: Full-time
- As a maintenance engineer, you’ll be responsible in managing equipment maintenance and performance, ensuring that machines and equipment run smoothly, foster preventative maintenance programs, purchase and supervise equipment and spare parts for maintenance activities, Interface to prioritize and execute the work orders efficiently, direct work in cooperation with the refinery Operations, etc.
- Prioritize and direct work in cooperation with the refinery Operations and Engineering team.
- Lead root causes analysis of equipment failure and suggests modifications based on the analysis.
- Support management of change by reviewing system design and recommending and developing changes.
- Develop specifications for rotating and fixed equipment such as Pressure vessels, Heat exchanges, Pumps, or Compressors.
- Implement and develop as necessary preventative maintenance programs and safe work programs as applies to plant maintenance.
- Oversee work of 4 mechanics and any contracted support as necessary.
- Purchase parts and equipment as necessary to support the maintenance activities.
- Follow corporate procedures for purchasing.
- Head up the Shutdown planning and scope of work for the plant as a total – This includes the actual shutdown in work as it takes place (working closely with engineers
- Work with contractors as necessary to meet maintenance goals.
- Oversee, direct and approve work.
- All jobs and plant conditions are to be maintained in a CH compliance and Safety manner as an equal to the total job scope.
- Holding contractors and others accountable for timelines, quality of work, QC of jobs, skills levels.
- Parts consumption and cost tracking as defined by Manager, Maintenance Engineering including labor;
- Head up tank outages with necessary inspections and certifications (scaffolding, cleaning, repairing, etc.).
- Schedule the interventions (curative and preventative) according to NEMO Maintenance Contracts.
- Review, follow up and communicate daily progression of Work Orders.
- Prepare weekly reports of pending and completed work requests.
- Tracks and reports capital spending and Maintenance fixed costs.
- Analyse equipment maintenance performance monthly and report on problematic equipment.
- Update regularly the equipment inventory in the MiniMaint System.
- Interface with Maintenance Department to prioritize work orders and execute the work orders efficiently.
- Uphold all Health and Safety regulation, policies and practices and report any anomalies and deviations.
- Bachelor of Science or Graduate Degree in Engineering – Electrical / Mechanical (HND and related Professional Tech. Qualifications can also apply).
- Minimum 10 years of industry experience with at least 1+ year of experience in Engineering planning and Maintenance supervision in a dynamic production or facilities management or construction environment.
- Oil & Gas industry or Chemical Plant Operations experience is a must
- Refinery Midstream or Processing Plant experience will also be considered.
- Working experience in Maintenance outfit is a plus.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to professionally communicate verbally all levels and functions of the organization individually and as a team.
- Must demonstrate the ability to manipulate spread-sheets with complex data and generate reports from advanced MS Excel functions.
- Strong organizational skills with increased attention to detail.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; including expert knowledge and understanding of MS Excel.
- Strong knowledge of regulations.
- Computer knowledge and use of AutoCAD and Microsoft packages.
- Strong project management skills
- Experienced compilation of work packs, able to work with minimum supervision
26th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV with a covering mail to: email@example.com using the job title as the subject of the mail.
- Location Lagos USD Month
- Years Of Experience 10-15
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND