Senior Operations Manager
Requisition ID: 10810
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Category: Information Technology
- We’re searching for a Senior Operations Manager (SOM) with proven experience focusing on people management (retention and talent), creativity, and who adds visionary thinking by establishing and assuring a high-performance culture within the designated Line of Business (LoB).
- Expected to drive cross-functionally engagements to have a broader impact than its respective LoB.
- The SOM is the most senior operations role at the Site/Country and has ample experience in leadership, communication, and leading a high-performing organization and client relationship management.
- The role assumes a daily interaction with the client assuring the performance targets and customer satisfaction is optimally managed.
- The role will operate within the Operations unit under the Global Delivery Lead and is available at all Tek Experts locations globally.
- Plan by prioritizing customer, staff, and organizational requirements while serving as part of the escalation path for operational issues when needed.
- Onboard a team of specialists and develop the business unit knowledge in Tek Experts.
- Manage and maintain strong relationships with clients, maintaining continuous lines of communication, and keeping relevant key stakeholders informed of all critical issues.
- Responsible for a wider perspective of metrics achievement while ensuring the support team meet KPIs and SLA.
- Manage Operations Managers and delivery managers locally
- Run, analyze reports, and create action items to improve the operation and ensure metrics achievement, owning and suggesting plans around people management, attrition, training, and empowerment together with team and stakeholders.
- Manage headcount numbers and work with the client director to update the quotas/targets
- Maintain open communication with the delivery team to review team’s status, metrics, possible issues/needs and proceed with actions while keeping the managers updated on latest news, action plans, etc.
- Attend regular operational and business review meetings as well as concurrent meetings with customer’s managers.
- Participate in the review processes and workflow to diagnose areas for improvement.
- Create, implement and maintain business processes, proactively proposing improvement plans where gaps are noticed.
- Performance management and people development (Talent Management) for the LoB.
- Play a key role in building management depth by providing guidance and mentorship to all levels of leadership within the line of business.
- Responsible for communicating the strategy and guiding operations managers in attracting, retaining, and developing talent while driving culture and engagement initiatives.
- Ensure the performance management process is in place along with resource & succession planning.
- Develop strong, trusting relationships with operations managers and team members, coaching, mentoring, and inspiring the operations management team to deliver high employee engagement. Promote a culture that encourages top performance and high morale.
- Work with operations managers to create challenging & achievable goals while creating an atmosphere of success. Ensure employees know what is expected of them at work so that they can commit, deliver, and focus on what matters most.
- Manage policy design, approval, and compliance.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required, preferred ITIL or related certifications, master’s degree is desirable.
- Professional fluency in English is essential, both written and spoken.
- 5-10 years of leadership and people management experience in similar role or capacity, proven operations background.
- Proven experience of managing and developing two levels of management and their direct reports and the ability to build, develop and manage strong client relations, build on trust and integrity.
- Ability to analyze complex problems, interpret operational needs, and develop integrated, creative solutions.
- Advanced analytical, evaluative, objective critical thinking, multi-tasking, interpersonal, people management, organizational, and presentation skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication and customer-centric focus – ability to communicate clearly and in a timely manner with team, customers, internal & external stakeholders.
- Strong People Management ability supporting company values, experience with leading multiple teams and in leading managers and teams through a fast changing environment.
- General knowledge of social, political, economics, finance, labor laws and regulations.
- Previous success motivating and engaging teams to deliver high customer satisfaction within defined cost budgets – performance management, staffing, management proficiency, coordination, coaching, and recognition.
- Previous experience managing operations business, process improvement, decision making, strategic planning, and quality management skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Location Victoria Island, Lagos USD Month
- Years Of Experience 5-10
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND