Senior Program Officer, Adult Art
Locations: Abuja, Katsina, Rivers
Job Category: Technical
Department: Prevention Care and Treatment
Unit: Adult ART
- Providing technical support for multidisciplinary HIV/AIDS care and treatment, working clinicians and health facility-based site teams to implement care and treatment services especially in adult antiretroviral treatment.
- Conducting mentoring and supervisory visits.
- Actualizing various strategies at the national to facility-level according to the program component area.
- Providing management in TB/HIV co-infection.
- Executing component area strategies through mentoring, supervision and technical assistance to local partners in-country.
- Participating in United State Government, Federal Ministry of Health, and other external partner technical meetings, as assigned.
- Attending technical, expanded leads, program area, departmental and regional meetings.
- Providing feedback, progress update, performance achievement, and analysis as required.
- Meeting project management, financial reporting, and program area performance measurement requirements.
- Preparing work plans for the department.
- Providing capacity building, mentoring and hands-on supervision of doctors, pharmacist, laboratory scientists & nurses on HIV Counseling and Testing , care & treatment
- Attending and making presentations at scientific sessions of the clinic.
- Reporting all activities to the Program Manager Adult ART, Technical Advisor Adult ART and the Director/Head, Clinical Services Department.
- Adhering and abiding by the ethics and code of conduct of the Institute.
- Carrying out any other duties/ assignments as directed by the Director Clinical Services department. .
- A University degree in Medicine with an MPH or related Master’s degree.
Skills and Abilities:
- Good communication (oral and written) and facilitation skills with proficiency in the computer programming – Word processing, spreadsheet, presentation skills are required
- Proficiency with data analysis
- Ability/capacity to develop and design TBHIV, care and treatment strategic plan
- High quality narrative report writing and understanding of project management principles
- Good inter and intrapersonal communication skills
- Goal oriented with ability to work under pressure to meet organizational targets/goals.
Prior Work Experience:
- A minimum of 5 – 7 years professional level experience managing public health and health delivery with emphasis on HIV care and treatment. She/he must have experience working with PEPFAR funded care and treatment program. Demonstrated experience in the design, implementation, and management of care and treatment programs.
- English language (high proficiency in verbal and written expression)
- Familiarity with the broad range of TBHIV, care and treatment issues. Understanding of the major issues affecting HIV care and treatment with in-depth knowledge of the implementation of care and treatment programs in Nigeria.
17th October, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed Resume and a one page Cover Letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to “Assistant Director, Human Resources” through this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for more information
- Application must explicitly state the position applied for in the subject of the email. Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
- Location Abuja/Rivers/Katsina USD Month
- Years Of Experience 5-10
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND