Senior Program Officer, Care and Support
Locations: Abuja and Rivers
Job Category: Technical
Department: Prevention Care and Treatment
Unit: Care and Support
- Provide technical assistance to health care providers to render effective and efficient quality of care to People Living with HIV and People Affected by AIDS (PABA).
- Mentor health care providers to improve and maintain standard of care through ongoing Care & Support assessment, nutritional assessments, prevention education, disclosure counseling, Positive health, Dignity and Prevention (PHDP), partner notification and testing.
- Provide technical support for effective adherence counseling to achieve viral suppression.
- Plan and coordinate all activities of support group through formation and strengthening of functional and active support group activities at the state.
- Develop capacity of support group members and health care providers on PHDP activities in the facility and community.
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders (Government of Nigeria, Network of People Living with HIV/AIDS in Nigeria, Association of Women Living with HIV in Nigeria, Community Based Organizations, and Non-Governmental Organizations) for wrap around services.
- Provide technical support to State NEPWHAN to oversee activities of Treatment Support Specialist (TSS), Mentor Mothers (MM), Adherence Counselors, volunteers and support groups.
- Provision of technical support to Treatment Support Specialist (TSS), Mentor Mothers and PLHIV (volunteers) to provide quality holistic care to PLHIV.
- Build capacity of PLHIV peer educators to complement PHDP activities of health care providers in the community.
- Forecast and request for Care and Support commodities.
- She/he must have degree in Nursing Science or its equivalent, Masters in Public health is an added advantage.
Skills and Abilities:
- Good communication (oral and written) and facilitation skills with proficiency in the computer programming – Word processing, spreadsheet, presentation skills are required
- Proficiency with data analysis
- Ability/capacity to develop and design care and support strategic plan
- High quality narrative report writing and understanding of project management principles
- Good inter and intrapersonal communication skills
- Goal oriented with ability to work under pressure to meet organizational targets/goals.
Prior Work Experience:
- A minimum of five to seven years professional level experience managing public health and health delivery with emphasis on care and support. She/he must have experience working with PEPFAR funded care and treatment program.
- English language (high proficiency in verbal and written expression)
- Familiarity with the broad range of care and support issues, understanding of the major issues affecting care support, with in-depth knowledge of the implementation of care and support programs in Nigeria.
17th October, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed Resume and a one page Cover Letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to “Assistant Director, Human Resources” through this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for more information
- Application must explicitly state the position applied for in the subject of the email. Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
- Location Abuja/Rivers USD Month
- Years Of Experience 5-10
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND