Senior Program Officer, MNCH
Locations: Abuja and Rivers
Job Category: Technical
Department: Prevention Care and Treatment
Unit: Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health (MNCH)
- Coordinate the provision of programmatic support and oversight to the Maternal, Newborn and Child Health Unit at state offices
- Coordinate the development of program strategies, work plans and their implementation for effective operations of the hub and spoke model of scale up.
- Support the state team to ensure smooth operations and coordination of Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission of HIV (PMTCT) activities at the IHVN supported facilities in the states.
- Forecast and recommend for purchase, PMTCT commodities such as care kits and Mama Packs
- Ensure timely submission of CRRIF data request for the state
- Co-ordinate, track progress, review results and address PMTCT challenges and communicate with central team
- Supervise service providers (doctors, nurses, mentor mothers etc.) to provide quality care to HIV+ pregnant women.
- Ensure the creation of a sustainable PMTCT team to deliver overall quality health care to HIV positive pregnant & breast feeding women in the facilities
- Ensure that the facility operates a functional and efficient client flow system through collaboration with the state PMTCT Senior Program Officer/Program Officer
- Identify barriers to PMTCT and proffer solutions to these challenges with the state teams
- Facilitate and coordinate relevant trainings sessions organized for site health care workers
- Provide technical assistance to site and community staff through perception, monitoring, supportive supervision & mentoring
- Coordinate the activities of Infant Feeding Counseling/ care of HIV Exposed Infants for health care workers in the states
- Facilitate effective linkages within thematic program areas and overall community-based organizations.
- Report all activities to the State Manager/Program Director/, Program Area Leads and the Director/Head, Prevention, Care and Treatment Department.
- Work with state team on sites Quality Improvement Team lead (QIT) to ensure quality of service given to clients are in line with the national guideline
- Review State data on weekly/monthly basis to assess level of achievement and gaps.
- Coordinate Early Infant Diagnosis (EID) activities with the state team to determine prompt samples transport and turnaround time of all the facilities
- Coordinate the state team as they collaborate with relevant stakeholders in the state to ensure effectiveness of PMTCT interventions in the state
- Facilitate and coordinate the activities of Mentor Mothers / Traditional Birth attendants, Treatment Support Specialists, volunteers and other community structure to improve care, treatment protocols and mechanisms for tracking defaulters
- Adhere and abide by the ethics and code of conduct of the Institute.
- Any other duties assigned by State Manager/Project Director/Program Area Lead & Head of Department. .
- Must have degree in Nursing Science or its equivalent, Masters in Public health is an added advantage.
Skills and Abilities:
- Good communication (oral and written) and facilitation skills with
- Proficiency in computer – Word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation
- Ability to evaluate/analyze data, prepare high quality reports often under pressure and in complex situations,
- Ability/capacity to develop and design MNCH strategic plan, good inter and intrapersonal communication skills
- Willingness to work under pressure to meet targets/goal and goal oriented are desired. .
Prior Work Experience:
- A minimum of 5 – 7 years progressively professional level experience managing public health and health delivery with emphasis on MNCH. She/he must have experience working with PEPFAR funded MNCH, care and treatment program.
- English language (high proficiency in verbal and written expression)
- Familiarity with the broad range of maternal, newborn and child health issues. Understanding and in-depth knowledge of the implementation of MNCH programs in Nigeria.
17th October, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed Resume and a one page Cover Letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to “Assistant Director, Human Resources” through this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for more information
- Application must explicitly state the position applied for in the subject of the email. Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
- Location Abuja/Rivers USD Month
- Years Of Experience 5-10
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND