Senior Project Manager – Project Sunny
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Duration: 12 months
Action Against Hunger began operations in Nigeria in 2010 in response to the high rate of chronic malnutrition in Northern Nigeria, focusing on integrated programming. In 2011, we expanded our work to begin implementing nutrition development projects in Jigawa and in Yobe. Following the crises in Northeast Nigeria, we further expanded our operations to address the Nutrition, Health, Food security and livelihoods, WASH, and shelter needs of conflict-affected communities. In the year 2018 alone, our work in Nigeria reached approximately 3.5 million people. We are operational in 11 Local Government Areas of Borno, 12 in Yobe and 3 in Jigawa.
Action Against Hunger Nigeria programme is supported by DFID, ECHO, GAC, OFDA, SDC, UNICEF, EU, USAID, AFD, French Ministry of Foreign affairs, SIDA and UNOCHA NHF. The total budget amounted to approximately 54 million USD in 2018. The country team comprises of over 600 staff. Other than the coordination office in Abuja, there are three state offices in Damaturu, Maiduguri and Dutse and four sub bases including Monguno, Potiskum, Bade and Damasak.
- The project is funded by DFID for 3 years, as Senior Project Manager you will lead interesting activities with support of 5 managers and a team of 50 plus staff in the 3 Local Government Areas of Yobe State. If you are motivated and innovative, this job is for you
- Under the supervision of the Area Coordinator, you are in charge of the proper implementation and completion of a set of complex Projects implemented over several geographical location throughout all its different phases as well as the appropriate management of its specific scope, schedule, resources, quality, risks, representation, coordination and contractual requirements.
More precisely, you will be in charge of:
- Ensuring efficient, effective, quality and timely implementation of the entire projects
- Managing and developing the projects team
- Maintaining comprehensive records and reporting in a timely manner
- Assisting in wider organizational development through learning and proposal
- Managing external relations related to the project(s).
- You hold a Master’s Degree in Project Management, Social Sciences, Health and Nutrition and / or Development
- You have experience in project cycle management at a senior level for at least 4 years in an international NGO.
- You have excellent management, organizational, motivational and leadership skills.
- You demonstrate experiences in financial management and preparation of budgets for programming. You are familiar with ECHO, EU, OFA and DfiD reporting and regulations and you have an experience in managing at least medium teams.
- You have experience in multisector emergency responses and sector coordination and you have a good knowledge of the humanitarian architecture and transformative agenda
- You are flexible, creative and innovative.
- 12 months fixed term contract under French legislation
- Monthly gross salary from €2200 to €2525 upon experience
- Monthly per diem and living allowance: €539 net, field paid
- Monthly country allowance: €450
- 16% of the gross monthly salary for pension insurance reimbursement for non-French citizens
- Transportation and accommodation: Coverage of transportation costs and guest house
- Medical coverage: 100% coverage of medical expenses and repatriation insurance
- Leaves and RnR: 25 days of paid leaves per year, 20 RnR per year and 215 € at each RnR period
- Training: Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Cross knowledge©
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Location Damaturu, Yobe NGN Month
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND