Senior Research and Policy Analyst
- Nextier Power is a management consultancy and solutions development firm focused on providing energy sector solutions. Our team of professionals have in-depth knowledge of the electricity industry and operating experience managing power companies in the local and international sphere
- They are supported by a team of young and talented professionals. We combine their engineering and project excellence with our entrepreneurial drive, innovation, and passion to provide real solutions to the electricity challenges in Nigeria.
- Nextier seeks to engage the services of a Senior Research and Policy Analyst.
- The Senior Research and Policy Analyst will engage with personnel within Nextier, government officials, and development partners to expand meaningful application of up-to-date power knowledge and tools as well as the synthesis of cutting-edge insights and ideas.
- Take initiative to support the development of energy proposals and engagements with donors and private sector to mobilize financial resources and leverage co-financing.
- In-depth understanding of the Nigerian Power sector and proffer solutions.
Collaboration and Support:
- Develop program scope, support, execute and coordinate Nextier Power programmes and projects.
- Manage the various grant programmes targeted to improve consumer education and access both in the on-grid and off-grid space.
- Provide strategy for programme direction and dissemination.
- Provide strategic supervision for the dissemination of the daily newsletter.
- Editor for the Weekly newspaper series on critical issues in the power sector.
- Manage, coordinate and organise the Monthly discuss on matters which are critical to economic growth.
- Organise power sector specific radio programmes, roundtables and customer engagement workshops.
- Monitor and evaluate all activities in the programme using strategic tools.
- Develop concept notes on Greenfield policies and programs.
Research and Technical Writing:
- Developing policy briefs, proposals, tender for bids, copy editing and proof reading of articles and briefs.
- Developing any other document as instructed by the senior leadership
- Public relations between Nextier Power and relevant consultant and power sector operators on relevant projects and dialogues
- Lookout for possible portfolios within the market for expansion.
- Stakeholder relations to understand the market operated in and assisting Nextier to consolidate shares within the market with a target of expansion.
- Interface with other sector operators and participants for exchange of ideas and information.
Conduct research on the industry:
- Read books, journals and materials in sector to stay updated and relevant.
- Research on industry aspects as the need arises.
- Research on innovations and opportunities for expansion and implementation within the industry.
Other related tasks and activities as instructed by the Team Lead.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or any Science related field
- Minimum of Second-Class Upper division (Master’s degree is an added advantage)
- 3-5 years working experience preferably in the power sector
- Knowledge of donor agencies operational procedures
- Good networking and negotiation skills
- Must be able to develop policy briefs, proposals, tender for bids, copy editing and proofread articles and briefs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Analytical abilities and aptitude in problem-solving
- Some knowledge of “back office” computer systems
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to work independently or part of a team to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Attention to detail.
13th September, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com The subject of the e-mail should be the Job Title you are applying for. For Example: (Senior Research and Policy Analyst)
- Kindly follow all application instructions above, CV received without the appropriate subject title will be disqualified
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Location Abuja, Abuja, Abuja USD Month