Senior Supply Chain Officer
- Ensuring all the procurement processes are in line with MDM manuals;
- Effective and efficient support to programs’ needs;
- Procurement of all goods and services for the Project;
- Track all orders, purchases and deliveries;
- Oversight of all purchase and service contracts to ensure MDM’ interests are protected;
- Any other duties relating to the nature of the job as requested by the Supervisor;
- Regularly contract status reports and updating of Contracts Database;
- Work to ensure contract terms are observed by contractors, constantly making follow ups and providing necessary amendments for contracts;
- Negotiate for best purchasing package (in terms of quality, price, term, delivery and service) with suppliers and sub-contractors assigned;
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to MDM and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission;
- Responsible for local purchasing of goods for the mission, upon instruction and under the supervision of the MDM Purchasing procedures
- Purchase goods ensuring the optimum price/quality ratio on the market;
- Collecting quotations and checking prices for purchase of goods, medical equipment; services, and work
- Ensure that the suppliers fill in all receipts/invoices for mission purchases correctly;
- Ensure the delivery of all purchased items to the requester, collect the proof of delivery and proceed to the validation of the invoices by the Logistic coordinator and Admin.
- Ensure the implementation of supply procedure according to MDM procedures
- Monitor the supply, the deadlines, delivery dates;
- Ensure that all purchases are done by following the financial plan, cash forecast;
- Check the Purchase dossier before sending for validation to ensure they comply with MDM procurement procedures;
- Update the purchase follow up, and share it once a month;
- Anticipate the supply activities related to projects and convey to purchaser on time
- Participate in project procurement plan of the mission
- Provide technical support on supply chain management and procedure to the base log supply assistant.
- Ensure proper filling of the procurement dossier
- Submit a monthly report
- Work closely and in a supportive manner with MDM Program staff members
- Scan the procurement files and upload them in the SharePoint on monthly basis
Qualifications and Competence/Skills
- B.Sc. Degree in Logistics, Procurement, Supply Chain Management or any relevant Business field
- Minimum 5 years of experience at national level project implementation position in a humanitarian / recovery context;
- Experience in working in complex and volatile contexts;
- Substantial knowledge of standard logistics procedures and practices
- High level of computer literacy. Especially excellent MS Excel/Word skills.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities;
- Experience in leadership and problem solving;
- Good level of English, written and spoken, mandatory
- Capacity to adapt to basic living conditions;
- Ability to put up with job pressure;
- Ability to deliver high quality work within tight deadlines;
- Strong negotiation skills.
Key working Relationships:
- Health Coordinator, Medical Supervisors, Technical Advisors
- Program Teams
- MoH and PHCs
- Be flexible in performing his/her duties
- Perform other additional duties on request of his supervisors
- Inform immediately the security focal point in case of any security problem
31st October, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter in one single attachment via email to: email@example.com clearly indicate “Senior Supply Chain Officer” as the subject of your application.
- Because of the emergency relief nature of MDM’s work, working hours may be irregular and employees are expected to be flexible in their approach to working hours under emergency conditions.
- Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated.
- Location Borno, Borno, Borno USD Month
- Years Of Experience 5-10
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND