Senior Technical Specialist, Pharmacy & Supply Chain Management
Location / Community: Umuahia, Abia
Job Category: Pharmacy and Supply Chain Management
Job Type: Full Time
Project: 4GATES PROGRAM
- The Global Action Towards Epidemic control in Sub-national units in Nigeria (4GATES) program is a comprehensive HIV/AIDS prevention, care, treatment program being implemented in Abia, Delta, Enugu and Imo States.
- It is a 5-year program (October, 2017 to September, 2022) implemented by Caritas Nigeria and its consortium partners; Catholic Relief Services (CRS), and Pro-Health International as the sole Implementing Partner for PEPFAR in these states.
Summary of Role
- Under the supervision of the Senior Technical Advisor, Pharmacy & Supply Chain Management, the successful candidate will be a member of the State Management Team and will primarily lead and supervise all pharmacy and supply chain management activities across implementing entities.
- The successful candidate will articulate the priorities of the team to the SMT and cascade focus down through the Specialists, Officers, Associates and other staff to ensure efficient use of available resources towards achieving defined goals.
- S/he will ensure adherence to structured principles in the course of implementation of the Unit’s activities and provide required program reports within expected timelines to inform project planning, delivery and decision-making.
- The Senior Technical Specialist will build and sustain strategic relationships with key stakeholders and maintain an information flow to keep all stakeholders updated with project performance.
- The Incumbent will plan and implement the delivery of high-quality pharmaceutical care, pharmacovigilance and DMOC services as well as the implementation of an efficient logistics system for the State in accordance with donor requirements and stipulated guidelines.
Description of Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the provision of technical support in strengthening pharmacy systems and pharmacists’ capacity on pharmacy best practices and quality pharmaceutical care in the areas of ART, PMTCT, TB/HIV collaboration, including ensuring drug inventory management across supported sites.
- Responsible for the state level implementation, monitoring, service quality and reporting requirements for the Unit.
- Responsible for developing, maintaining and improving a logistics management information system and an electronic inventory control system of stocking and tracking commodities.
- Responsible for designing coordinated systems for the transportation of health commodities, reporting and forecasting delivery times and performance analysis to reduce stock-outs and eliminate wastes.
- Coordinate the provision of technical assistance to supported sites in the requisition, report and order of health commodities and tracking of re-supply.
- Coordinate the generation of LMDs, tracking of order status, stock status analysis and post-gap analysis for all supported sites.
- Responsible for directing outgoing or incoming health commodities distribution activities of the project in the state; ensuring health commodities or supplies are shipped, distributed, or received in an efficient manner and that all required inventory checks are conducted, and all variances reconciled.
- Collaborate with the State LMCU to promote and oversee an integrated approach to the supply chain management of health commodities.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with Procurement and Supply Management (PSM), GON and facilities.
- Coordinate the pharmaceutical care and pharmacovigilance aspects of the HIV care and treatment program.
- Responsible for periodic training of pharmacy, medical, nursing and other staff across supported sites.
- Coordinate and ensure the state’s monthly and bimonthly program reporting.
- Coordinate the monitoring and collation of adverse drug reactions reports for the State.
- Participate in developing and updating Pharmacy and Supply Chain training manuals.
- Review last mile distribution schedule for all facilities in the state.
- Support the ART surge activities and requirements in the state.
- Participate in capacity building activities for Pharmacy focal staff.
- Monitor reporting rates, timeliness of reporting and emergency order rates in the state.
- Perform any other duties assigned.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The Senior Technical Specialist, Pharmacy & Supply Chain Management, reports to the State Pharmacy & Supply Chain Management Lead with a dotted reporting line to the Senior Technical Advisor, Pharmacy & Supply Chain Management and regularly interacts with facility staff, Caritas Nigeria technical, program staff, and other members of the State Team. S/he will be responsible for supervising assigned Pharmacy & Supply Chain Management staff in the state office.
- The Responsibilities (Above) are not all-inclusive. The employee will also perform other related tasks as required and will be responsible for reporting and communicating progress and achievement of the specific assigned tasks.
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience
Qualified applicants must have:
- A primary Degree in Pharmacy plus an advanced Degree in Pharmacy or Public Health or Supply Chain Management or other related Health, Medical, or Social Science disciplines;
- Seven (7) years’ mandatory knowledge and experience in the design, implementation and management of pharmacy and supply chain management in HIV/AIDS program.
- Experience and knowledge of ART Surge Response is a major requirement.
- Must be experienced in hospital pharmacy operations and inventory management operations.
- Experience of dealing with difficult and sensitive situations in a professional manner.
- Ability to work under pressure, efficiently handle multiple tasks, quickly find creative solutions to problems and challenges that arise, and manage stress and time in a fast-paced work and fluid operating environment.
- Ability to foster and maintain a spirit of unity, teamwork, cooperation, and learning.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Sensitivity in working with multiple cultures and beliefs, and to gender equity.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team.
6pm; 16th September, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Letter of Application with a recently updated CV as a single PDF file-format (as an attachment), and send to: 4GATES.CaritasNigRecruitment@ccfng.org using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the email. E.g. “Senior Technical Specialist, Pharmacy & Supply Chain Management; Umuahia, Abia State”.
- Application not received in the stated format will be disqualified.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Location Umuahia, Abia USD Month
- Years Of Experience 5-10
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND