Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) Evaluator
Employment Type: Part-time
- We are seeks to hire a Technical Specialist as Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Evaluator to lead an End of Project evaluation. The evaluation will assess Canada’s three main sexual, reproductive, maternal, and newborn, child health and rights (SRMNCH) projects with the ultimate goal of contributing to better and sustainable development results in Nigeria.
- Canada’s efforts in Nigeria have been primarily focused on strengthening health care access and delivery at the community level, including to eradicate polio as well as focusing on SRMNCH in line with Canada’s Feminist International Assistance Policy. Canada’s bilateral program’s three main projects in SRMNCH in Nigeria ended in 2021-2022. In this context, the bilateral development program is looking to undertake a sectoral evaluation aiming to:
- Inform Nigerian stakeholders, other donors, and civil society organizations about the lessons to improve SRMNCH, in particular the engagement with men and boys and the private sector.
- Provide concrete elements that can feed and enrich current and future programming, particularly in sexual and reproductive health and related rights.
- The evaluation should mainly take place as a desk-review, enhanced with some targeted interviews if necessary.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead the evaluation of the three SRMNCH projects;
- Undertake a detailed review of project literature, including endline evaluations, research papers, presentations, and policy briefs;
- Lead key targeted interviews if necessary;
- Develop an evaluation report presenting findings and recommendations;
- Develop literature to disseminate findings with stakeholders, including Nigerian stakeholders, GA, and development partners (Canadian and multilateral organizations, international NGOs)
- Any other tasks linked to the evaluation.
Required Qualifications and Person Specifications
- Education: Graduate Degree (Master’s Degree required, PhD or equivalent would be an asset) in Health, International Development, or other related fields. Candidates with combined degrees will have an added advantage.
- Minimum Experience: Minimum of 8 years of cumulative experience as a senior specialist, external monitor or evaluator, or senior program management positions in development work related to RMNCAH, with a focus on sexual and reproductive health (SRH), health system strengthening, and reducing the burden of key diseases and harmful practices affecting women and children in Nigeria.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated experience of 5 years or more providing advice, including drafting briefing notes, sectoral analyses, and monitoring and assessment reports for senior decision -makers in donor agencies, government or civil society organizations or the private sector. Samples of work are to be supplied upon request.
- Prior experience with donor funding and donor approaches to RMNCAH and SRH, health system strengthening, and reducing the burden of key diseases and harmful practices, preferably for the Government of Canada.
- Knowledge of social/gender norms and behaviour change in the context of health interventions.
- Demonstrated understanding of Results-based management (RBM) including the function of the logic model (LM) and performance measurement frameworks (PMF), and theories of change.
- Prior experience in an international development institution (public, NGO or private) is preferred with the ability to function effectively in multidisciplinary teams is essential.
- Demonstrated ability in producing clear, high quality analytical written work.
- Strong interpersonal, cross-cultural and communication skills;
- Commitment to teamwork and ability to build constructive and effective relationships.
- Strong knowledge of Nigeria’s health system at the federal, state, and local government levels including knowledge of Nigeria’s health strategies, plans and flagship programs.
- Ability to deliver quality reports or assessments in a short time period;
- Good facilitation skills and ability to generate ideas from, and build consensus among, a wide variety of stakeholders;
- Client oriented; and demonstrated ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, and a professional commitment to promote a culture of social cohesion and social inclusion.
27th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: This assignment is expected to be for a level of effort of 45 workdays maximum (1.5- month contract duration) This position is open to all nationals with permit to work in Nigeria.
- Location abuja USD Month
- Years Of Experience 5-10
- Minimum Qualification MBA/MSc/MA