Shelter & Settlements Specialist
Job Identification: 2282
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Category: Shelter
Job Schedule: Full time
Duties and responsibilities
- The Shelter Specialist will provide technical oversight and strategic direction to Country and Area offices to further the development of the Shelter Core Competency (CC).
- The Specialist will provide quality assurance for all projects, develop a collaborative country strategy, capacity build staff through mentoring and training to increase the technical capacity of the staff, and develop a donor strategy to further grow the program.
- Develop and lead on the Shelter Core Competence strategy
- Contribute to fundraising, develop and revise funding proposal, budgets and donor reports
- Follow up on compliance with contractual commitments within CC, ensure high technical quality and synergies in project implementation
- Provide technical direction and project implementation support to the implementation team
- Represent NRC in relevant forums/clusters, including with national authorities and donors
- Lead the process on proposals, budgets, modifications, project reviews and reporting and ensure high technical quality
- Support programmatic M&E and indicator tracking in conjunction with project teams and M&E department
- Ensure work plans and spending plans in line with donor budgets are developed and maintained by supporting Project Coordinators, Managers and Area Managers
- Develop and lead on conducting needs assessments (approved by the HoP, and in collaboration with Area Program teams, Protection team and M&E team), baseline, mid-and end-evaluations
- Represent NRC with relevant donors, government ministries, and in relevant humanitarian coordination meetings in-country
- Actively promote and operationalize synergies between Shelter and other NRC programmes to move toward integrated programming
- Accountable for organizational learning from programme implementation, sharing of best practice, systematic training, and capacity building
Required Experience and Competencies
- Minimum First Level University/Bachelor’s Degree, Advanced degree is preferred
- Minimum 4 years of experience within a humanitarian/recovery context
- Minimum 2 years of shelter expertise (as Specialist/TA or Project Manager)
- Experience working in complex and volatile contexts
- Knowledge of the Lake Chad Basin region and north-eastern Nigeria context specifically
- Experience with start-up or expansion of new programmes
- Experience in team capacity building
- Advanced computer skills, especially in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience with youth/adolescent programming, particularly vocational training is desired
- Experience with alternative Shelter in a humanitarian context an asset
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
What we offer
- Duty station: Maiduguri, Nigeria
- Contract Duration: 12 months, with possible extension
- Travel: 40%
- Salary/benefits: Grade 9 in NRC’s Salary Scale.
- NRC offers an attractive compensation and benefits package.
12th July, 2021; by 5:10 PM.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Location Borno,borno,borno NGN Month
- Years Of Experience 3-5
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND