Shelter Technical Assistant
Webcruiter ID: 4144800041
Location: Dikwa, Borno
Duties and responsibilities
- Pr-evaluation of needs (Targeting, Needs Assessment, Beneficiary Identification & Selection) and alert the hierarchy of any population movement in the area.
- Provide technical support and orientation to local technicians and community workers, train and develop their capacity
- Implement shelter construction activities, conduct technical assessment and approval of the quality of work and ensure better management of remaining material.
- Conduct community sensitization, awareness, and mobilization to encourage beneficiary commitment to the shelter activities.
- With the support of the Shelter Officer and Shelter coordinator, provide the drafts of technical drawings, Bill of Quantity, site plan and technical specification notes for shelter projects.
- Construction designs or for any unpredictable soil constraints identified.
- Assist the shelter officer to accurately control the movement of trucks, quantities, and qualities of materials supplied to the site.
- Maintain good working relationships with local authorities, local communities, local committees, and partners as well as with all stakeholders in the NRC area of intervention
- Ensure the participation of female workers in key positions in the construction/rehabilitation of shelters and community infrastructures and other shelter activities
- Represent NRC in-field coordination meeting when required.
- University degree in Civil Engineering or Architecture
- Knowledge of the context in North-Eastern Nigeria
- Knowledge of the local language Kanuri, Hausa
- Experience on implementation of emergency shelter activities
- Experience in household sensitization and training in shelter and infrastructure maintenance
- Familiarity with AutoCAD, GPS, ARC GIS, and Google Earth
- Handling insecure environments
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Empowering and building trust
- Managing performance and development
- Planning and delivering results
- A good sense of is an asset
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
We Can Offer
- Commencement: December 2019
- Duration: 12 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions.
- Level: Grade 4 Step 1 in the NRC grade structure
- Duty station: Dikwa, with frequent travels. Travel outside Monguno is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
- An approved health certificate will be requested before the contract start.
1st November, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application procedures and CV registration
- Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location.
- Location Dikwa, Borno USD Month