Job Ref Code: SLC91919
Location: Biu, Borno
Reports To: Program Manager II
- The SILC Officer will be responsible for supporting the SILC component of the project in Adamawa and Borno states.
- S/he will also manage the SILC component of the project with a focus on mentoring and coaching of the SILC field agents and supervisors.
- S/he will ensure that all activities related to SILC in the northeast are implemented according to agreed standards and protocols.
- S/he will also provide general support to recovery and resilience programming in the northeast.
- S/he will report to the Program Manager II but maintain relationship with the Program officer in Borno and Adamawa state.
Specific Job Responsibilities
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Proactively contribute to strategic thinking on SILC issues for Feed the Future Nigeria Integrated Agriculture Activity program implementation.
- Oversee the development/review and timely implementation of SILC project work plans and activities, by ensuring the active engagement of all partner organizations
- Provide direct technical assistance to implementing partners to ensure technical soundness and high-quality SILC programming.
- Develop technical tools and materials to support SILC projects in the early recovery and resilience programs portfolio.
- Promote the project and the SILC PSPs (Paid Service Providers) to community stakeholders
- Lead the recruitment/replacement process for field agents in the northeast
- Lead the training of field agents on SILC methodology
- Monitor, coach and provide feedback to FAs to develop their skills
- Ensure the quality of SILC groups through regular field visits and spot checks
- Organize and facilitate project events with local leaders, agents and groups, as needed
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of agent reporting
- Review data collection forms and MIS reports and act to improve project performance
- Verify stipends due to agents
- Certify and launch PSPs
- Organize and oversee PSP networks
- Routinely brief Feed the Future Nigeria Integrated Agriculture Activity Management on progress, promptly alert to emerging issues, problems and constraints or delays in the timely implementation of activities or any other factors that could affect the quality of the services and recommend and implement approved corrective measures
- Document the implementation process, lessons learnt and success stories in each year of program implementation
- Assume other duties as requested by the Agriculture and Livelihoods Adviser.
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree in Business Management, Cooperative Management, Agricultural Economics or development studies.
- Three years of working experience in development or savings and loans programs – including focus on at least one of the following sectors – income generation and livelihoods.
- Previous experience with working with local partners (capacity building).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent training and facilitation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience with participatory methods and partnerships.
- Excellent English language oral and written communication skills.
- Fluency in Hausa language as well as experience with northern Nigerian communities.
2nd October, 2019; (Time 5:00PM)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should download the “CRS Application Form” using the link below, fill and send with a detailed Resume as one document (in a PDF Format) indicating the position being applied for and the Job Ref Code as the subject of the application (e.g. SILC Officer, SLC91919) to: email@example.com
Click here to Download Application Form (Docx)
Click Here for more Information (Docx)
- “CRS is an equal –opportunity employer, does not discriminate based on race, color, religion and we are committed to gender sensitive programming and management’. etc.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply”
- Location Biu, Borno USD Month