Social Behavioral Change Communication (SBCC) Assistant
Locations: Dikwa & Gwoza, Borno
Position Type: Regular
Supervisor: SBCC Officer
- The SBCC assistants: Base in Gwoza and Dikwa of Borno State, will monitor and support performance of SBCC activities.
- He/She will manage and train field level SBCC staff, performing on-going monitoring and support supervision, provide guidance to LGA partners on policy and methodology, program planning and staff capacity building. To coordinate the implementation of SBCC through IYCF key messages sensitization, and other SBCC programs.
- The SBCC Assistant will assist the nutrition officer to manage and train the SBCC facilitators on IYCF key messages sensitization.
- The SBCC Assistant will conduct training to the SBCC facilitator
- The SBCC Assistant will report to the nutrition officer on weekly activities and monthly report on SBCC activities.
- The SBCC Assistant will conduct awareness campaign.
- Assist partners in their efforts to reflect on SBCC project experiences.
- Support accountability through coordinating project evaluation activities and assisting partners in their efforts to collect and analyze project data per specified mechanisms and tools. Collaborate with local partner(s) to prepare reports per established reporting schedule.
- Complete project documentation for assigned activities. Assist with identifying information for case studies and reports on promising practices.
- Conduct other task assign by supervisor
- Report all activities conducted on weekly/monthly basis
- May represent CARE Nigeria in humanitarian coordination meetings, taskforces, clusters and technical working groups that are related to SBCC as assign by the supervisor.
- The SBCC Assistant would work in collaboration with the Nutrition Assistant to assist in the BSFP activity.
- The SBCC Assistant would actively take part in the BSFP activity.
- The SBCC Assistant will act in the absence of the Nutrition Assistant at the field level.
- Degree/Diploma in Nutrition, Nursing and Health Education or any related qualification.
- 1+ years of progressively responsible professional experience in gender or GBV Programme development and management.
- Demonstrated ability to network and build partnerships with governments, NGOs, CSOs and women’s groups.
- Experience of working on legal issues and civil society.
- Proven ability to conduct capacity development training and provide supportive supervision in the field of gender and GBV.
- Ability to speak Hausa, Kanuri or Shuwa
- Proactive problem solving
- Contributing to team success
- Managing work
- Building partnerships
- Communicating with impact
- Initiating action
- Information monitoring
- Stress tolerance
By submitting your Application for this position you agreed to CARE’s ZERO Tolerance to:
- Sexual Harassment, Exploitation, Abuse and Child Abuse.
23rd October, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and detailed CV as a single document to: email@example.com indicating clearly in the subject line of the email the Position being applied for and the Location (in Caps e.g. SBCC ASSISTANT – DIKWA)
- Save your Application and CV with your name before attaching it
- CARE strongly encourage women to apply.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- CARE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CARE considers all applicants on the basis of merit without prejudice to race, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, color, national origin, marital status, or veteran status.
- There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Please note that CARE will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
- Location Dikwa & Gwoza, Borno USD Month