Social Cohesion Assistant
Job Ref Code: SCT25919
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Reports To: Social Cohesion Officer – Program Manager STaR
CRS’ Nigeria office is implementing a 2-year, Germany government project entitled, “Stabilization and Reconciliation in the Lake Chad Region (STaR)” in the North East of Nigeria. Through programming in agriculture & livelihoods, social cohesion, community infrastructure and local governance, the project is intended to contribute to the stabilization and reconciliation in the most affected regions of the Lake Chad Basin namely Borno and Adamawa in Nigeria, Diffa in Niger and, the Lake Region in Chad.
- The Social Cohesion Assistant (SCA) will support the Social Cohesion Officer in the implementation of the STaR project activities which include peace building, conflict mitigation and re-integration activities.
- S/he will also support strengthening community traditional systems, increase social cohesion and inclusion in communities.
- This position will work across all sectors and coordinate closely with other CRS colleagues to ensure that CRS activities abide by ‘Do No Harm’ principles; that CRS contributes to the repair of the social fabric; and, that CRS programming protects the rights of the most vulnerable groups.
- This position requires close interaction with community members and local governance structures.
Qualifications and Skills
Education and Experience:
- Critical: Outgoing personality with local language skills and advanced level of intra and inter-personal communication.
- Critical: Advanced security awareness and experience in similar environment.
- Essential: Bachelor’s degree in Political Sciences, Administration or relevant field or equivalent experience.
- Essential: Minimum 2 years of experience in management of governance projects in developing countries. Experience in Nigeria and particularly the North East will be a bonus.
- Essential: Demonstrated experience in designing governance trainings and establishing governance structures at both the community and government levels.
- Essential: Strong team player with the ability to take initiative and work well independently.
- Essential: Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills in English, Hausa and Arabic.
- Added advantage: Proven experience in working closely with government MDAs in Nigeria. Thorough understanding of the Nigerian Government structure at the National, State and LGA levels.
- Added advantage: Ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy.
- Added advantage: Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to work to meet deadlines in multiple tasking environments
- Excellent organization, planning and analytical skills; detail oriented
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with demonstrated strength in relationship management
8th October, 2019 (Time – 5:00PM)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should download the “CRS Application Form” below, fill and send with a detailed Resume as one document in PDF to: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating position being applied for and the Job Ref Code as the subject of the application e.g. Procurement Assistant, PAY180219).
Click here to download Application Form – (Dropbox Doc.)
Click Here for Job Details (Dropbox Doc.)
Equal Employer Opportunity:
- “CRS is an equal –opportunity employer, does not discriminate based on race, color, religion and we are committed to gender sensitive programming and management’. etc.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply”
- By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking.
- Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
Statement of Commitment to Protection:
- ‘’CRS’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation’’
- Location Yola, Adamawa USD Month