Social Mobilization Consultant (Federal Level)
Locations: Abia, Edo, Kebbi, Niger, Ogun and Taraba
Job Type: Contract
- The Social Mobilization Consultant will ensure the integration of community mobilization activities into communication and advocacy campaigns and initiatives in order to achieve effective liaison with local partners to facilitate the implementation of community projects through grants/facility to women Affinity Groups (WAGS) with relevant Officers.
- Diagnosis of social inclusion and mobilization status in project states and identifying key areas for proposed project intervention
- Conceptualizing thematic policies and developing strategies for proposed project
- Developing annual intervention plan with cost implications. Successfully mapping best practices of Social Mobilization (SM) `to state plan for up-scaling.
- Developing Community Operational Manual or Community Driven Manual and keep updating the same based on implementation feedback
- Be part of developing State Project Implementation Plans (SPIP) and proposed project implementation framework as well as systems in the state.
- Developing need-based partnership with academic institutions/training institutions/civil society organization etc. for implementing interventions in the state.
- Encourage and maintain harmonious & professional work culture and support team in various states in delivery of program goals.
- Analyze collected information from the target location and prepare summaries, briefing notes, implementation plans and roadmaps
- Prepare and implement a coordinated response to the needs of the communities;
- Provide mentorship to the community mobilization officers and to communities when it is needed;
- Ensure close and effective collaboration with the service providers and civil society in the target locations to enhance their participation in the working groups on community security and social cohesion;
- Ensure community participation includes the most vulnerable and marginalized groups;
- Leads needs assessments in target areas to inform program development and implementation utilizing tools developed by Community Security and Social Cohesion and community security personnel;
- Supervise the preparation of training plans for community organizations, leaders or focal points;
- Promote the Project by providing substantive input for stories, articles and other PR activities;
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the National Project Coordinator
- Post Graduate degree or PG Diploma in Social Sciences and related fields.
- Minimum of 7 years’ multistate relevant experience in the field of social mobilization, community institution building and livelihoods promotion for poor with poverty reduction programs/project being run by the government/large NGOs/reputed corporate entities or donor agencies.
- Well-versed with working in MS office environment
- Possess good communication skill (both speaking and oral)
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Knowledge/experience in gender equality and women’s empowerment will be an added advantage.
12th November, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Location Abia/Edo/Kebbi/Niger/Ogun and Taraba USD Month