Software Engineering Manager
Location: Lagos (Remote)
Job type: Full time
Department: Technology – Software Engineering
About the Role
- Our Engineering Managers have a highly skilled background in software engineering. You will be responsible for multiple cross-discipline teams, you’ll work with product managers to shape your team’s strategic backlog, communicating with clarity to the team leads to ensure the team follows the roadmap.
- Under your guidance, each team you look after will be highly engaged, autonomous, and deliver high-quality product iterations at a good velocity. You will demonstrate empathy for our customers, and your colleagues and provide emotional safety within a low ego environment.
- We are a team of passionate product-focused engineers committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel valued. We encourage knowledge sharing and learning as much as possible on the job. We are building a whole new set of microservices based on Event-Driven Architecture patterns.
- It is a fully Remote role, within the following time zone (UTC -1 / UTC+3). You will report to the Head of Engineering.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will:
- You like to put your people and teammates first; you bring your most empathetic self to work.
- You like to take a product-focused approach to development and drive changes using data to guide your decisions
- You’ve already embraced DevOps is a culture, and you know that teams delivering code, infrastructure, and operational support can give the best results.
- You know how to empower teams to deliver their best work.
- Working in a team makes you happy and you like collaborating with other teams to grow and improve the department and wider business.
We’re excited about you because you have experience with:
- You have experience in building microservices, or high availability event driven platforms
- You’ve gained experience architecting and designing end to end systems.
- Have commercial experience with C#.NET you’ve shipped high-quality backend code into production.
- Ideally have knowledge of Azure and AKS or other containerized application deployment tools
- With a DevOps culture
- Ideally have knowledge of the financial services industry and the African market
- Understand that people’s problems are the hardest problems.
- Challenge the status quo but understand pragmatic decisions.
- Enjoy working with cross-functional teams and collaborating with leads and product managers to deliver change that improves our customers’ lives.
- Come to work to learn and share your knowledge, ideas, and thought processes to solve the challenges ahead of you.
- We embrace a DevOps culture, so when joining us you’ll be empowering your teams to not only ship code, but to own the whole cycle from ideation to production support.
- We primarily use .NET for our backend and Kotlin for our Android apps
- Our teams use some flavour of Scrum where they keep track of their work in Azure DevOps, which we also use for our CI/CD
- Our cloud provider is Azure, where our microservices are hosted in Azure Kubernetes Services
- We are building a whole new set of microservices based on Event-Driven Architecture patterns
- We are a team of passionate product-focused engineers committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel value
What You’ll get in Return
- Private health insurance (inpatient outpatient, maternity, eye care, dental and gym facilities)
- Group Life Cover and Personal Accident Cover
- Company pension (A mandatory basic national social security scheme)
- Remote working (dependent on the nature of the role)
- Airtime allowance (dependent on the nature of the role)
- MIFI monthly payment for remote workers
- 20 days per annum (excluding public holidays). Annual leave is accrued at the standard rate of 1.75 days per month
- Annual Learning and Development Fund – You have an annual $ 1,200 allowance to spend on learning and development (that is, between 1 January and 31 December). For your first year at M-KOPA, this allowance is pro-rated depending on the month that you start.
- Home Office Set Up – Having the best IT equipment tools in the world doesn’t make sense if you do not have a proper setup to work with. For this reason, M-KOPA will pre-approve the following items for a total budget of $1000 that you can use at any time after signing the offer letter with M-KOPA (you may purchase desk and chair separately or together; before or after your start date)
- On site retreats with wider tech team, plus trips to operational markets
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Recruiter Screen
- 1st Stage Interview
- Technical Interview – first step is take-home exercise, and second step is presenting it to the team.
- Final Interview with the Head of Engineering
- Location Lagos (Remote) USD Month