Software Engineering Team Lead
Location: Lagos (Remote)
Job type: Full time
Department: Technology – Software Engineering
About the Role
- First and foremost, we are looking for someone who is excited about what we do. You don’t need to be an expert in FinTech but should be keen to learn and apply our company’s values.
- You are going to be part of our Backend team of 66 engineers and team leads, who work fully remote from UK, Europe and Africa.
- As a Software Engineer Team Lead, you will be supporting a small team of backend engineers, as well as working with peers from product and analytics department. This role is a mix between hands-on (approx. 40% of your time) and supporting self-organised agile team.
- We are a team of passionate product-focused engineers committed building and fostering an environment where our colleagues feel valued. We encourage knowledge sharing and learning as much as possible.
- It is a fully remote role, within the following time zone (UTC -1 / UTC+3). You will report to the Engineering Manager.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will:
- You like to put your people and teammates first and bring your most empathetic self to work.
- You like to take a product-focused approach and lead changes with data, lead a team of engineers.
- You embrace DevOps mindset and understand the benefits it brings to the team.
- You know how to empower teams to deliver their best work and support their skill development.
- You understand system design, event-driven microservices and enjoy working in medium/large scale distributed systems (help us scale 2M user platform to 10M).
- Demonstrating low ego and team spirit.
- You’re keen on getting into detail of our Backend and Android architecture, understand our systems from what they do to how they benefit our customers.
- Advocate and drive continuous practices to implement rapid feedback cycles in all aspects of software engineering.
- Fosters growth in individuals and in team’s capabilities.
We’re excited about you because you:
- Understand that DevOps is a culture. You know how to work with infrastructure as code, observability and automated testing.
- Enjoy working in multi-functional Domain teams, collaborating on issues and deep-diving into features to improve our customers’ lives.
- You have strong commercial experience with C#.NET and microservices, as well as shipping high-quality backend code into production.
- You have experience with Azure and AKS or other containerized application deployment tools.
- We primarily use .NET for our backend and Kotlin for our Android apps
- Our teams use some flavour of Scrum where they keep track of their work in Azure DevOps, which we also use for our CI/CD
- Our cloud provider is Azure, where our microservices are hosted in Azure Kubernetes Services
- We are building a whole new set of microservices based on Event-Driven Architecture patterns
- We are a team of passionate product-focused engineers committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel value
What’s in it for You
- Private health insurance (inpatient outpatient, maternity, eye care, dental and gym facilities)
- Group Life Cover and Personal Accident Cover
- Company pension (A mandatory basic national social security scheme)
- Remote working (dependent on the nature of the role)
- Airtime allowance (dependent on the nature of the role)
- MIFI monthly payment for remote workers
- 20 days per annum (excluding public holidays). Annual leave is accrued at the standard rate of 1.75 days per month
- Annual Learning and Development Fund – You have an annual $ 1,200 allowance to spend on learning and development (that is, between 1 January and 31 December). For your first year at M-KOPA, this allowance is pro-rated depending on the month that you start.
- Home Office Set Up – Having the best IT equipment tools in the world doesn’t make sense if you do not have a proper setup to work with. For this reason, M-KOPA will pre-approve the following items for a total budget of $1000 that you can use at any time after signing the offer letter with M-KOPA (you may purchase desk and chair separately or together; before or after your start date)
- On site retreats with wider tech team, plus trips to operational markets.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Recruiter Screen
- 1st Stage Interview
- Technical Interview – take away home task, afterwards presented to the team
- Final Interview – Meeting senior members of the team
- Location Lagos (Remote) USD Month