- Work under the guidance of the Director of Purchasing to ensuring that purchasing decisions align with the overall goals of the organization.
- Responsible for becoming subject matter expert for assigned categories which could include dairy, wheat, protein, packaging, small wares and/or uniforms.
- Gain and demonstrate knowledge on underlying commodity markets to understand pricing impacts.
- Formulate risk management strategies that will help achieve company COGS targets.
- Obtain competitive bids/conduct RFPs for new/existing items.
- Evaluate supplier qualifications, product specifications, and pricing to make costeffective comparisons and provide recommendations that align with company goals.
- Conduct effective contract and supply negotiations to ensure the lowest total landed cost.
- Establish, monitor, and update reorder points to assure a consistent flow of items during periods of peaks and lows throughout the year.
- Execute orders for new items on a timely basis, ensuring deadlines are met for product introduction.
- Successfully coordinate shipments to meet company and department deadlines.
- Participate in planning meetings with various departments for new products, discontinued products, out of stock items, changes in distribution or packaging of a product.
- Effectively communicate with team and stakeholders regarding how items are selling and any supplier issues at the store level (such as quality and service issues), potential shortages in the market, discontinued items.
- Participate in product evaluations with R&D, Marketing, and Operations and recommend potential changes to existing product design and packaging.
- Perform periodic category reviews, update stakeholders on industry and supplier trends
- Manage effective and productive supplier relationships.
- BA/BS in Purchasing or related discipline; equivalent training and experience will be considered
- A minimum of 3-5 years purchasing experience in Retail MultiUnit Food Service Environment
- Working knowledge of computer software. Including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Position requires preemployment background screening
31st October, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV/Resume to: email@example.com with the “Job title” as subject of the email.
- Location Lagos USD Month
- Years Of Experience 3-5
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND