Specialist, Business Development
Employment Type: Full Time
- This Job Description (JD) / Scope of Work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the Specialist, Business Development to Technical Advice Connect LTD/GTE (TAConnect)
- The Specialist, Business Development will assist in proposal development, including managing high-quality programme design and proposal development (technical & financial) to attract new partnerships with client/donors and contributing to proposal writing.
- The Specialist, Business Development will also coordinate support for fundraising activities, donor management and ensure compliance.
- He/she will ensure adherence to TAConnects’ corporate and field office policies, donor regulations.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Conduct research and fundraising activities, develop and submit timely donor proposals.
- Review solicitations/calls for funding and contribute to the implementation of TAConnects’s business strategy, growth by identifying and pursuing new partnership opportunities with institutional donors (government and inter-governmental award issuing organizations, as well as foundations, private sector, and other awarding non- governmental organizations), providing relevant templates and guidance, communicating donor requirements, and ensuring collaboration with all relevant teams
- Establish and nurture collaborative relationships with clients, partners, consultants and other stakeholders and contribute to formation and development of meaningful partnerships.
- Work closely with the KMC team to help raise TAConect’s profile and drive business growth. Represent TAConect at local industry forums, peer groups, market development events, seminars, conferences, etc
- Support the tracking of program indicators, measure performance against benchmark/targets and track trends of project performance.
- Provide support to TAConect’s Strategic Planning process, where required/or assigned.
- Participate in work plan development and update and ensure outputs are aligned with PMP indicators
- Ensure key decision-making processes are followed through the Bid Development cycle. Make recommendations to approvers, based on a thorough assessment of opportunities against key criteria (financial considerations, strategic fit, etc)
- Develop relationships with potential consortium partners to establish synergy and opportunities to work together, securing input from the Executive Director, Strategic
- Engagement Director, Technical/Program and Operations leadership.
- Lead and coordinate a contract mobilization process of successful bids and meeting/s with relevant staff (technical advisors and country teams)
- Integrate inputs from technical experts and staff into a narrative report that clearly conveys winnable proposal output, in compliance with all donor instructions and requirements.
- Identify and address gaps in the program proposal design and complete the proposal risk assessments
- Serve as a lead or support writer on proposals, contributing both technical and non- technical content.
- Collaborate with the proposal team to incorporate the suggestions of proposal reviewers.
- Format and edit proposals and ensure a high-quality final product
- Train and mentor TAConect’s staff, as needed, to improve their skills in proposal development, marketing, and representation to donor and partner organizations
- Respond effectively to information requests from donors and/or fundraising teams, maintaining a clear record of accepted with or rejected opportunities
- Perform all other tasks as assigned by the Strategic Engagement Director
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Science / Social Science, Business Administration, Project Management, or a related field. Master’s Degree or Advanced Professional Diploma will be added advantage
- Minimum of 5 years work experience, with at least 3 years related experience in core project management/implementation, writing and/or developing proposals in response to solicitations from donors, in international donor-funded development projects or an INGO and knowledge of some technical areas such as humanitarian assistance, health, nutrition, protection, education, livelihoods or water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH).
- Professional experience in business-to-business and institutional sales within the healthcare or pharmaceutical sectors or any other sector will be added advantage
- Experience writing reports or proposals for donors, including institutional donors (i.e. government agencies such as FCDO, USAID, multilateral donors such as Global Fund,
- World Bank, EU etc.) and conceptualizing ideas for graphics that convey key information and in negotiating business and management arrangements for bids with partner organizations
- Experience in budget building and ensuring compliance with an organization’s internal finance policies and client requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively with large teams and to communicate clearly
- Ability to consistently meet multiple deadlines and willingness to travel up to 30% of the time within Nigeria
- Experience creating and delivering sales presentations using PowerPoint slide decks.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office especially Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills in English, and any other local languages like Hausa, Igbo, and/or Yoruba.
- The Specialist, Business Development will report directly to Strategic Engagement Director, with dotted reporting to the Director of Finance and Operations, Technical Director, and Senior Program POCs.
Working Conditions / Duration of Assignment:
- This is a long-term position for the life of the contract based in Abuja, Nigeria.
20th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive CV, Cover Letter and Portfolio as a single document (PDF or Doc or Docx.) to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Specialist, Business Development” as the subject of the email.
Note: TA Connect will only contact candidates that are successful at this pre-qualification stage.
- Location Abuja,Abuja USD Month
- Years Of Experience 5-10
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND