SSHE Lead III
Category: Environmental, Health & Safety
Job Type: Contracts
Job Nature: Rotation (8 weeks on/2 weeks off)
- The Safety, Security, Health, and Environment (SSHE) Supervisor supports applicable functions/units/projects in developing and reviewing deliverables, responding to Management requests, identifying staffing needs, and reviewing/endorsing applicable work deliverables
- The SSHE Supervisor ensures that the tools, resources, and support are fit for purpose, providing stewardship, analysis, direction and supervisory support to drive the organization to achieve SSHE objectives and priorities
- The SSHE Supervisor is responsible for managing reporting personnel to optimize performance and for their stewardship and career development.
Tasks and Responsibilities
In addition to all Level 1 and 2 tasks and responsibilities, Level 3:
- Ensure understanding of and compliance to legal requirements
- Report all SSHE incidents
- Conduct Workplace Safety Observations
- Comply with Client requirements and promote SSHE on site
- Comply with the Emergency Preparedness and Response Procedure requirements
- Ensure compliance with PPE requirements.
- Behavioral Skills: courage of conviction, makes sound decisions, manages risk, strategic
- Functional Skills: emergency preparedness and response, incident investigation and analysis, operations integrity and compliance assessment, Operations Integrity Management System (OIMS) execution support, risk assessment and management, safety management, safety regulations and standards, fundamentals of health, fundamentals of security, environmental business planning, environmental standards, regulation development and advocacy, regulatory compliance and permitting.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum of 15 years demonstrated work experience in safety-related positions (including some prior oil & gas experience)
- Extensive knowledge of security processes and procedures
- Proficient in use of computers and programs such as PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Microsoft Office
- Read, write, and speak fluent English, as required to function effectively within a project team
- Prefer minimum 10 years’ prior experience working in a multicultural / multilingual, emerging nation, environment
- Demonstrated ability to deliver excellence in project SSHE performance
- Demonstrated ability to develop successful internal and external working relationships with emphasis on interfacing in a team environment
- Ability to set priorities and work independently in performing contractor services with an appreciation for company processes and procedures
- No training will be provided (other than the company’s specific safety standards and procedures).
8th October, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Location Nigeria USD Month