State Finance & Admin Associate
Job ID: 13-10931
Group/Office: PDG (Program Delivery Group)
Dept/Unit: PDGGEN – Program Delivery Group
Project/Program: A559 – Nigeria GF Malaria
Reports To: Finance and Administration Manager
- The State Finance and Admin. Associate is responsible for ensuring the smooth operations of finance and logistics provided by the Operation Unit by providing financial and administrative support.
- S/He works with the Senior Operations and Procurement Specialist, Finance and Administration Manager and State Specialists to coordinate and manage the operation and implementation of project activities in the State.
- S/He will ensure the safeguarding of assets (financial and physical) of MSH and ultimately, The Global Fund against fraud, loss or misuse.
- The State Finance and Administration Associate is responsible for ensuring that any money expended in the field is done in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, MSH Policy, and any cost principles imposed by the donor agency.
- The State Finance and Admin. Associate must be aware of, and adheres to, MSH’s procurement integrity standards in all activities.
- Arrange hotel for staff, participants, consultants who are coming to state for assignments.
- Assist in organizing for the dispatch of goods and equipment whenever required and ensure that packing list, waybills and export documentations where necessary are prepared and ensured that shipping details are communicated in writing promptly to the receiver.
- Calendar management, ensuring conference rooms are booked for meeting/conference/activity logistics and making sure to update records regularly.
- Arrange spaces for new employees, making sure the availability of desks, chairs etc are ready for them to use on the start day.
- Inventory and asset management.
- Coordinate the approved Activity Profiles making and sure those materials, equipment, etc. required for the activity are organized and ready for the activity.
- Coordinate the procurement and engagement of vendors for goods and services.
- Coordinate catering services for official functions within and outside the office location.
- Prepare payment schedules for vendors and participants.
- Properly code all transactions.
- Maintain administration and accounting files.
- Follow up on outstanding vendor’s payments and assure timely reconciliation.
- Control consumption of project (petrol, electricity, water, internet etc).
- Participate in the improvement of the accounting system and the system of internal control.
- Ensure compliance with MSH policies and procedures including internal control systems, Global Fund guidelines as well as Nigeria Government Regulations.
- Create all administrative and financial report monthly as requested by Supervisor.
- Manage payment of taxes and other statutory payments at state level.
- Ensure that payments are compiled, reviewed and sent to country office timely for processing.
- Ensure that entries are entered into project activity tracking logs accurately and timely.
- Ensure that month and year end activities are done accurately and in compliance with MSH policies and procedures.
- Other tasks as requested by supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in accounting
- Knowledge of Donor funded programs, regulations and requirements
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel spreadsheets
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Demonstrate good negotiation skills
- Good typing skills, Good memo composition and editing skills.
- Excellent command of Verbal and Written language skills in English required, including speaking, writing, understanding, and reading and the ability to conduct business in English.
- Familiar with internet search engines and able to undertake background search on well-defined tasks.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task and organize ongoing projects, looking for ways to become more efficient in completing tasks.
- Takes initiative and can start/complete tasks with basic direction.
- Excellent Computer knowledge. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications (Excel, Word, Power Point and Knowledge of Photoshop).
- Consistently looks for ways to help support the team.
- Demonstrated competence to assess priorities, manage a variety of activities in a time sensitive environment, and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
- Strong office and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as an effective team member in a complex and fast paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse staff, clients and consultants.
1st April, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Location Kwara, Kwara, Kwara NGN Month