Location: Gwarimpa, Abuja (FCT)
- This position performs work on assignments not limited to ordering, receiving, storing, and issuing materials, supplies, and equipmentas well as maintaining electronic records of supply transactions for the school.
- Incumbent must verify electronically or manually that supplies received are listed on requisitions and invoices and ensure that supplies and equipment are stored in a computer database or other designated area.
Duties and Responsibilities (not all inclusive)
- Responsible for acquisition, distribution and storage of all office and school supplies;
- Responsible for organization of all stored supplies and their distribution on a needs basis;
- Responsible for compiling and maintaining an electronic or manual inventory of all supplies pickups and drop off;
- Assumes responsibility for organizing , updating and maintaining inventories and records of all office and school supplies in the warehouse;
- Plans layouts of storeroom and other storage areas considering turnover, size, weight and related factors;
- Advises employees on methods and use of equipment in handling and storing problems;
- Studies, records and recommends remedial action for reported non-usable, slow-moving excess stock;
- Schedules the pick up of materials with other schools, activity centers and other locations;
- Schedules work for special and periodic inventories;
- Traces history of items to determine reasons for discrepancies between inventory and stock-control records;
- Ensures and facilitates the appropriate actions for any inconsistency between purchase orders and shipments received or due action requests in regards to damaged items or shortages;
- Performs other related work or duties as required.
- Candidates should possess a B.Sc Degree with at least 3 years relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of storekeeping methods and practices, accurately counting items/supplies, picking up orders, packing required items/supplies and delivery process;
- Knowledge of warehousing and storage requirements involved in stocking a variety of materials;
- Knowledge of warehouse supplies receiving and storage;
- Knowledge of elementary record keeping practices and methods;
- Ability to read, understand and give clear oral or written instructions, shipping orders, department paperwork, and safety warning labels;
- Ability to inspect merchandise and other supplies to as certain proper conditions upon receipt;
- Ability to keep routine receipt, issuance and stock records, and to make mathematical calculations rapidly and accurately;
- Ability to actively pursue continuous improvement and ease of the tasks of the position to meet or exceed department needs;
- Ability to maintain high levels of accuracy when identifying and pulling correct items/supplies, to meet or exceed customer’s expectations;
- Ability to listen to others and appropriately act on information provided;
- Ability to perform repetitive or short-cycle work;
- Ability to perform basic addition, subtraction, multiplication and division calculations;
- Ability to safely and effectively operate department tools including but not limited to: paper-packaging dispenser machine, tape dispenser, computer, keyboard and mouse;
- Ability to prioritize work tasks according to department requirements;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure or deadlines;
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment;
- Ability to act in a courteous and professional manner at all times.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Location Gwarimpa, Abuja (FCT) USD Month
- Years Of Experience 3-5
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND