Location: Somolu, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Superintendent Pharmacist will dispense drugs prescribed by physicians and other health practitioners and provide information to patients about medications and their use.
- He or she may advise physicians and other health practitioners on the selection, dosage, interactions, and side effects of medications.
- Reviews prescriptions to assure accuracy, ascertain the needed ingredients, and evaluate their suitability. Provides information and advice regarding drug interactions, side effects, dosage, and proper medication storage.
- Assesses the identity, strength, or purity of medications. Compounds and dispenses medications as prescribed by doctors by calculating, weighing, measuring, and mixing ingredients, or overseeing these activities.
- Maintains records such as pharmacy files, patient profiles, charge system files, inventories, control records for radioactive nuclei, and registries of poisons, narcotics, and controlled drugs.
- Plans, implements, and maintains procedures for mixing, packaging, and labeling pharmaceuticals according to policy and legal requirements to ensure quality, security, and proper disposal.
- Provides specialized services to help patients manage conditions such as diabetes, asthma, smoking cessation, and high blood pressure. Offers health promotion and prevention activities by, for example, training people to use devices such as blood pressure and diabetes monitors. Advises customers on the selection of medication brands, medical equipment, and health care supplies.
- Collaborates with other health care professionals to plan, monitor, review, and evaluate the quality and effectiveness of drugs and drug regimens, providing advice on drug applications and characteristics. Analyzes prescribing trends to monitor patient compliance and to prevent excessive usage or harmful interactions.
- Orders and purchases pharmaceutical supplies, medical supplies, and drugs, maintaining stock and storing and handling it properly.
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm) Degree
- Minimum of 2 years cognate experience
- The ideal Candidate must be licensed
- Strong patient service skills.
- Excellent knowledge of chemistry and specific drug interactions.
- Strong knowledge of medical and biological terminology.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to balance competing priorities.
15th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application / CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Location somolu, lagos USD Month
- Years Of Experience 0-3
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND