Location: Magumeri LGA, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
- The post will be responsible for the implementation of WFP funded General Food Distribution focusing on IDPs and vulnerable host communities.
- Ensuring equitable distribution, monitoring and mobilisation of the community to encourage their participation in the distribution activities.
- The roll purpose is to tally commodities and assist in stacking and physical inventory activities to maximise accuracy and efficiency of commodity management.
Main Duties / Responsibilities
- Tally receipt/dispatch of commodities including transformation of commodities during internal milling operations, identify and report to the supervisor any anomalies, to support accurate and effective commodity management in the warehouse.
- Implement and maintain accurate stacking and assist in conducting periodic physical inventory checks following the established guidelines and standards, to support compliance with internal control procedures and systems.
- Prepare accurate tally reports including efficient preparation and distribution of tally sheets to relevant parties, to ensure consistent and prompt accountability for commodity movement from/to and storage in the warehouse or at food distribution point
- Supervise the warehouse/Food distribution point cleaning after loading/unloading and reconstitution exercises, to ensure it meets the established standards.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required that may be assigned from time by supervisors.
Qualification and Education Requirements
- Interested candidates should possess a Degree with at least 2 years work experience.
- Experience in conducting basic logistics activities (tallying) and reporting skills
- Experience in implementation food distribution programmes
Knowledge and Skills:
- Professional,open, motivated, mature, creative, responsible, flexible and culturally sensitive
- Preferred: A previous experience in similar roles in a similarhumanitarian set up
- With a good knowledge of the intervention areas and local context
- A basic knowledge of the local language (Hausa/Kanuri) is an advantage.
- The ability to multitask.
- Good problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent communication and diplomatic skills, including writing skills and reporting skills
- Computer proficiency.
30th June, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as the subject of the mail.
- Application Letter and Curriculum Vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document / PDF, otherwise applications will not be considered.
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Location Maiduguri,Borno USD Month
- Years Of Experience 0-3
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND