Technical Advisor on the United Nations Road Safety Trust Fund
Ref No: 1905333
Grade: No grade
Contractual Arrangement: Individual service contractor
Contract duration: 20 days
- The United Nations Road Safety Trust Fund (UNRSTF) was established in 2018 as a UN Multi-Partner Trust Fund. The fund uses the Global Framework Plan of Action for Road Safety to serve as a benchmark for development of sound national road safety systems. It will also be used by the UNRSTF to prioritize and coordinate its financial support to countries and promote coordination of financial support with other funds or programs. The comprehensive and efficient national road safety system building on the international regulatory framework, good practice and experience consists of 5 pillars: Road safety management (the bridging pillar): target setting, vertical and horizontal management, monitoring, coordination by lead agency, Safe user, Safe vehicle, Safe road, Effective post-crash response.
- Evidence shows that countries which have created national safety system and contextualized the UN conventions on road safety are the best. The fund will be in particular for Low- and middle-income countries especially those with the greatest road safety challenges. The countries however should put in place basic administrative, civil and criminal legal and institutional frameworks.
- The TA will support the development of a proposal for the country in accordance to the UNRSTF guidelines
- The TA will work closely and provide technical guidance and support to the FRSC and other key members of the UN Decade of Action on Road Safety and Injury Prevention stakeholders and in close consultation with the Team Lead, Communicable and Non-communicable Diseases WHO.
- The proposal development process will also be supported by the WHO AFRO and HQ.
Specifically, the TA will perform the following tasks:
- Understand the national context through desk review of all relevant documents
- Review the NRSS and identify areas that need strengthening and identify how these areas will be strengthened
- Identify and engage with relevant stakeholders
- Facilitate a meeting with key stakeholders to determine the most important focus area to develop the proposal
- Develop a zero draft document
- Share document with key stakeholders for their feedback
- Facilitate a finalization meeting
- Update the proposal with the agreed recommendations from the meeting
- Submit proposal
Required Skills, Qualifications, and Experience
- A first degree in a relevant field:
- A post-graduate degree in a relevant field is an asset
- Two years of progressive experience in the area of Road Safety;
- Knowledge of and experience in the development of proposals for road safety;
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with government, external partners and donors;
- Excellent communication, presentation and writing skills;
- Computer skills, including internet navigation and various Office applications; and
- Fluency in written and spoken English
9th December, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: That the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.
- Location Abuja, Abuja, Abuja, ,NG USD Month
- Years Of Experience 0-3
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND