Technical Analyst, Sectors & International Relations
Job ID: 31206
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Practice Area – Job Family: Poverty Reduction – Inclusive – Growth
Vacancy Type: Service Contract (SC)
Posting Type: Common System
Contract Duration: 1 Year with possibility for extension
- The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) were adopted in September 2015 in New York, as the successor to the unfinished business of the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs). In order to fast tract, it implementation in Nigeria, a technical collaboration between the Office of the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Sustainable Development Goals (OSSAP-SDGs) and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) has been developed.
- The technical collaboration is aimed coordinating the partnerships for SDGs implementation between MDAs at the National level, between the national and sub-national governments as well as between the government and the private sector. The approach builds on the work already done by both institutions during the implementation of the MDGs.
- This recruitment will help bring the requisite capacity to ensure that the 17SDGs are aligned to the medium-term plans at both national and sub-national levels especially at the sector levels and its implementation are also consistent with the implementation of the domestic development plans.
- Given the national and State level peculiarities, the recruited Staff member will help facilitate the localization of the SDGs at the tiers of government and its subsequent mainstreaming into the plans in addition to the specific duties and responsibilities states in section III below. The overriding purpose is, therefore, to strengthen the technical leadership for SDGs implementation and coordination at both the State and federal levels through the office of SSAP- SDGs in Abuja, Nigeria.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares Monthly report on activities, achievements and challenges submitted to OSSAP-SDGs and UNDP according to a pre-defined template as well as preparing Inception report on preliminary understanding and views of assigned task(s) with solutions proffered on the way forward detailing key policy priorities and overall roadmap for success.
- Ensure all the 17 SDGs have Desk Officers in OSSAP-SDGs and monitors their output to ensure service delivery.
- Work with the Head of Sectors and gives necessary technical and logistical support to ensure Task Team meetings hold regularly.
- Prepare Quarterly update on key progress indicators ensuring that all relevant information is adequately captured.
- Prepare annual report on activities, achievements, challenges and lessons learnt ensuring that these reports meet UNDP quality assurance levels.
- Proposes set of interventions as feedback from engaging with the process from the lesson learnt.
- Liaise with government officials, development partners on SDGs matters
- Support in the production of SDG progress reports and SDG knowledge products.
- Support Senior Technical Advisor in coordinating the entire international cooperation framework of the SDGs office; support in liaising with the line MDAs, the NBS and other relevant stakeholders to collate, analyze and disseminate data relevant to the SDGs.
- Support the Senior Technical Advisor in liaising with the MFBNP, the UNDP and other key stakeholders to ensure the integration of the SDGs into the National and State-level Development Plans, MTSS and Medium-Term Expenditure Framework
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work h demonstrated ability)
- Ability to persuade others to follow h demonstrated ability)
- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
- Ability to get things done.
- Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing:
- Ability to have extensive interaction with government officials, organization leaders, staff members and the public.
- The ability to understand what is most important to other partners like government and development partners.
Thorough data analysis skills:
- Ability to allows the analytical mind to come up with innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Ability to work with multiple partners as a team.
- Ability to efficiently handle and share information and knowledge
- Program management:
- Ability to support and manage various SDG programmes.
Required Skills and Experience
- First degree, Education with 07 years’ experience.
- Second Degree in Social Sciences, Humanities, Development and International Relations with 04 years experience will be an added advantage.
- Seven years’ experience in Development Work
- Knowledge of SDGs issues at both national and sub-national government.
- Demonstrated working experience with government institutions in Nigeria
- Good written and oral communication skills in English
- Knowledge of at least on Nigerian language
- Computer literacy skills.
8th July, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Location Lagos, Lagos, Lagos NGN Month
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND