- Chemonics seeks a Technical Director for the anticipated USAID Strategic HIV/AIDS Response Program (SHARP) in Nigeria. SHARP aims to support the government of Nigeria in Bayelsa, Edo, and Lagos states to strengthen service delivery and health systems
- Nigerian nationals are highly encouraged to apply. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Support the chief of party with clinical and technical direction to reduce HIV incidences and AIDS-related mortality by increasing access to and the use of treatment and prevention services for all populations and by strengthening Ministry of Health governance
- Supervise clinical teams, technical specialists, and staff while working closely with other project staff and Chemonics home-office staff
- Use surveillance data to inform programming for activities that achieve epidemic control for all genders, ages, and risk groups
- Scale evidence-informed combination prevention
- Integrate data from legacy systems into a central data system to include patient management, commodities, and laboratory data
- Ensure the technical soundness and appropriateness of all project assistance and clinical service delivery
- Incorporate Nigerian HIV/AIDS Indicator and Impact Survey estimates in the planning process to maximize the impact of programming
- Implement innovative strategies that demonstrably increase testing yields using index partner testing, reduce lost to follow-up through “recapture” campaigns using data to identify those who have fallen out of care and other approaches to address unmet needs and to close gaps in the treatment continuum
- Oversee and monitor site-level performance, including clinical work planning, performance management, case finding, and care continuum linkage approaches
- Identify issues and risks related to project implementation in a timely manner and make appropriate program adjustments
- Medical Doctor, with a Master’s Degree in Public Health or a related field
- Minimum seven years of senior-level experience with HIV prevention, treatment, or care and support programming in Nigeria or a similar setting
- Minimum five years of senior-level management experience in the design, implementation, monitoring, and reporting of activities of similar size and complexity in Nigeria or a similar setting
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise managing projects of similar size and scope
- Solid technical expertise in all aspects of addressing HIV/AIDS, including prevention, treatment, care and support, prevention of mother-to-child transmission, tuberculosis, and crosscutting areas such as health system strengthening
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility and integrity
- Fluency in English required.
10th October, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: NigeriasharpTO2recruit@chemonics.com using “Technical Director” as the subject of the mail.
Note: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
- Location Nigeria USD Month
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND