- We are seeking a Tech Lead to join our team in a permanent role. You will work alongside our Senior and lead developers in development projects.
- This role is for an experienced Tech lead who has in-depth knowledge of software development.
- We are seeking candidates with 7+ years of experience in development and leading the team. The successful candidate must possess exceptional communication skills, solid technical skills, and creative problem-solving skills.
- The position’s preferred locations – where MFS Africa has entities in Africa, i.e. SA, Nigeria, Kenya, Uganda.. You will work normal hours, Monday to Friday, 0800 to 1700 (local time), with a combination of in-person office attendance and working from home.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee and provide technical direction and leadership for a team of developers
- Assist in evaluating and recommending new technologies
- Work closely with the development team and product team to ensure architecture & and design implementation with defined standards and guidelines
- Ensure that program and code quality is of the highest standards
- Oversee, maintain, and support the production, staging, and testing environments
- Develop and maintain consistent documentation practices and standards
- Guiding team members with troubleshooting technical issues
- Identifying the hardware and software infrastructure needs to accommodate the company’s architectural goals
- Anticipate, identify, track, and resolve technical issues and risks affecting delivery
Qualifications and Experience
- 7+ years’ of experience in development and leading the team.
- 3-year university degree with a proven background in math, science, finance, and engineering is required; Advanced degrees in IT like master’s in computers is a plus.
- Working experience in development projects with hands-on coding skills (Java and Python)
- Quick learning and doing whatever is needed to help us accomplish our goals.
- Ability to collaborate effectively in a team environment and be open to feedback and suggestions.
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Languages: Java, Python, SQL.
- Databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL, Mongo DB
- Cloud: AWS services (EC2, RDS, EBS, VPC, IAM, Cloud Watch, SQS, SNS, Security Groups etc.)
- DevOps: Kubernetes, Jenkins
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Location Lagos
- Years Of Experience 5-10